The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

I've been on the fence about Cousins. Just watched some highlight videos and his presser following the signing of the contract and I like what I see. Obviously, highlight reels are exactly that. Color me excited for what our offense can do. Cousins manipulation of the pocket is impressive from what I've seen and it appears he has above average arm talent. 

One thing they said was that he utilized his backs well in the passing scheme. Would've been interesting to see what McKinnon could've done in that role. Not for the price he got paid, but I am somewhat concerned about putting the full load on Cook coming off the injury. Would like to see us pick up a shifty, versatile pass catching back. Would also like to see us add an athletic tight end. Rudolph is a nice possession TE, but looking at Cousins' tape and it's obvious he utilized Reed and V. Davis well.

Cousins: “You can’t let praise or criticism get to you. It’s a weakness to get caught up in either one. That’s a quote that I have heard many times before. I just keep my blinders on and stay focused on the task ahead and believe that if you work hard and keep your mouth shut, good things will happen to you.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/16/kirk-cousins-minnesota-vikings-free-agent-contract

oh, that's a Zimmer Guy.

Cousins: “I just wanted to ensure it was the right fit. Didn’t want to have any bogeymen hiding around the corner. There were none to be found, and I assumed that would be the case. Just thought it was smart to be prudent, take our time and ensure that we were making the right decision. Because it was a big one.”

Such a big one, that Cousins and his family have been having a film crew follow them. A lot goes into a free-agent decision, including packing, relocating and moving on from a team where he had spent six seasons. “We wanted to show the human side of the process,” Cousins says. “Too many times the contract situation in pro sports comes down to a number that scrolls across the bottom line of your TV screen. And everyone thinks that it can just magically happen. This was slightly more complicated than that.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/16/kirk-cousins-minnesota-vikings-free-agent-contract

Cousins: “That point that you’re making is one of the many on a long list of reasons why Minnesota made a lot of sense. I do think the statistics show that it’s favorable to play indoors consistently. I do see it as a competitive advantage not only as a quarterback throwing the football but when your defense is able to use that noise to their advantage and trap the sound and hopefully make it tough on an opposing offense. I do see a major home-field advantage at U.S. Bank Stadium. I think the stats show that. I look forward to being a part of that. One of the many positives of being a Viking.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/17/playing-indoors-was-a-big-factor-for-kirk-cousins/

so the new stadium helps Cousins' decision to sign, and the Eagan facility helps Richardson's decision to sign....

After all the talk of DeFlip really valuing athleticism at the QB spot, I thought the Cousins signing was a little surprising. I went and found some high lights, and for a guy who isn't known as a runner, he's got some wheels! I imagine we'll have a bit of zone read in the book next season.

This play stood out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIpNihsAII

23 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Starting OL lineup has yet to be established...so, we’ll see 

Redskins OL been ranked top ten in pass protection since 2014.

last year we graded out decent to. We have two pro bowlers and a good RT. 

Vikings have a run game and D which can help him.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

When comparing him to other quarterbacks in the division, how would I rank Cousins?

More than good enough to win the division with our supporting cast.

Idk don't under estimate the bears and the new head coach .I'm not to big on trubisky .

but the lions and packers will always be tough imo. 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Idk don't under estimate the bears and the new head coach .I'm not to big on trubisky .

but the lions and packers will always be tough imo. 

I don't want to sound overconfident.  We have 4 good QB's and for good teams in the division now.  I like Trubisky, and with the weapons he just got, he will be even more dangerous.  I agree with you on the Lions and Packers.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't want to sound overconfident.  We have 4 good QB's and for good teams in the division now.  I like Trubisky, and with the weapons he just got, he will be even more dangerous.  I agree with you on the Lions and Packers.

the problem with football is you never know what happens. For all we know bears go 11-5 and wins the division.

im still upset the redskins have had like two good coordinators and should of hired them.

Kyle Shanahan and Mcvay.... two mistakes will regret.