Cardinals sign Sam Bradford

marky mark

9 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

guess he is plain disrespecting Bradford for being paid big time being very average. common feeling i guess, why should he not voice his opinion. Bradford can show him if they ever meet on an NFL field.

Bradford is laughing his way to the bank. It’s not his fault teams pay him. Like wtf? Why hate never count another mans money. That is always and has been the code! Run your pockets coach.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I just thought I remembered hearing 1 year deals don't count at all in the comp formula? Maybe not. He does have an option so maybe it's considered a 2 year deal either way.

One year deal do qualify in the comp pick formula. This is good for the Vikings for sure. 

I absolutely love Bradford to us. He's a solid QB when healthy and gives us a good bridge QB between whoever we select this year. The Cardinals brass has stated all along that we would pick up a veteran and draft a QB, here is half of the equation. 

And I really think you guy's are overreacting to the 20M mark. That makes him the 17th highest paid QB, only in front of rookie contracts and Tyrod Taylor, Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles, and Ryan Tannehill. It's the going rate for a starting QB in the league. A little bit of an overpayment? Maybe but it isn't egregious like you guys are trying to make it out to be. 

I'm glad to see the Cards are signing OL now.  Even if they are bodies they need as much help as they can get.   They should draft about 3 more guys.

When he's healthy, Bradford is a decent QB, very accurate. But mobility is a huge issue.  And that was before the knee became an even bigger issue.   Behind a bad OL...yuck.  

I mean, consider this - when's the last time someone thought - "Carson Palmer probably is more mobile than this guy"?  

Bradford: “My knee feels good. I went through some struggles last year with it, and it was probably one of the most frustrating seasons I’ve had mentally. The first part of the season, I just couldn’t get it to calm down. But with the procedure I had in November, I was able to get myself into a position to suit up for the playoff games, and really since then, it felt good.”

“This team is an extremely talented team, and I feel there are already a lot of pieces in place to do something special this year. Obviously, there is a lot of work to be done given that it will be a new system on offense and getting familiar with the system. But I think we have a lot of talent and we have the opportunity to win right now.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/sam-bradford-confident-in-knee-says-it-feels-good/

Archived