Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

They probably would be fine with Barkley, Nelson, or Chubb. One of those 3 will be there with 3 QB's going in front of them. 

I would draft Nelson so fast my head would spin. 

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES if I'm the Giants I call the Bills and tell them I'd trade down to 4 if they can get there from 12. Browns probably target a LT at 12. Then trade from 4 to 5 with the Broncos so they can grab Mayfield. Darnold to the Browns at 1, Allen to the Bills at 2, Rosen to the Jets at 3, Mayfield to the Broncos at 4. Every team gets "their guy". Giants can take Barkley at 5 to try to "win now" with Eli after stockpiling some picks with two trade downs (they can target Jackson, Rudolph, or Lauletta in round 2 to develop behind him). Colts can take Chubb or Nelson at 6. 

The x factor is Davis Webb. He took 0 snaps last year, so he is almost like an extra pick this year as a rookie QB. There is a chance the Giants like him enough to where they don't feel compelled to take a QB at 2 if they like Barkley or Nelson more. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

This pretty much solidified the Browns picks. 

#1 Browns draft QB

#2 Giants draft QB

#3 Jets draft QB

#4 Browns draft Barkley or Chubbs 

There’s no reason to pick anyone besides a QB at 1. You’ll be pushed to the third best QB. Also the best non QB will be there at 4.

Everyone is focusing on trading up for QB's, but teams have literally traded entire drafts to move up for a RB of Barkley's hype (e.g. Ricky Williams). Let's not ignore the very possible scenario of the Giants either drafting Barkley or a trading their pick to someone that is desperate for him.

Now I will say that next year is gonna be a really down year for QB's, both in the draft and Free Agency. So it really depends on 1) Teams actually buy in to Barkley's hype, and 2) How much faith the Browns, and more so the Giants, have in their current QB's.

Just now, ACO said:

I would draft Nelson so fast my head would spin. 

Agreed. His free agency comment makes me think Nelson is the player they prefer. Some big OL contracts were handed out this year, Ballard seems like a guy that values OL/DL, and they have a big need for OL talent 

Just now, ACO said:

I only see Gmen staying at 2 for Barkley, Nelson or a QB. That is it. If they want a QB but pass at 2 by risking someone being there at the top of Day 2 is bold and likely dumb. They could get potential starter RB and Gs in that spot. 

You don’t have to choose one at 2. I’m almost certain that not all the QBs will go first round. I think because we pick so early in round 2 we can trade up into the back of the first round and get one we like. Personally I don’t think Mayfield goes round 1. I’d rather make the o-line the best it can be within reason which makes Eli’s successor job much easier. Nelson is THE GUY.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

The x factor is Davis Webb. He took 0 snaps last year, so he is almost like an extra pick this year as a rookie QB. There is a chance the Giants like him enough to where they don't feel compelled to take a QB at 2 if they like Barkley or Nelson more. 

Maybe. It's Davis Webb though. Pat Shurmur would have to work some real magic to make him look like a passable NFL starting QB. I think the idea of taking Barkley early and then a 2nd round QB (or trade up into the late 1st) is what they're really interested in. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You don’t have to choose one at 2. I’m almost certain that not all the QBs will go first round. I think because we pick so early in round 2 we can trade up into the back of the first round and get one we like. Personally I don’t think Mayfield goes round 1. I’d rather make the o-line the best it can be within reason which makes Eli’s successor job much easier. Nelson is THE GUY.

Trading back into the late 1st round is possible but I am of the opposite believe than you. I think many of the QBs will go in the 1st day and some higher than expected. That said I agree that Nelson is the guy. He is the best player in this draft, IMO. Whoever lands him will be very, very lucky.

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

if they do this- this will be like the browns passing on ben roethlisberger in 2004 cause they thought that kelly holcomb was legit

4 minutes ago, Sepanak said:

Everyone is focusing on trading up for QB's, but teams have literally traded entire drafts to move up for a RB of Barkley's hype (e.g. Ricky Williams). Let's not ignore the very possible scenario of the Giants either drafting Barkley or a trading their pick to someone that is desperate for him.

Now I will say that next year is gonna be a really down year for QB's, both in the draft and Free Agency. So it really depends on 1) Teams actually buy in to Barkley's hype, and 2) How much faith the Browns, and more so the Giants, have in their current QB's.

Giants are idiots if they don’t get a QB. And I’m sorry but unless it’s the Broncos you are pushing yourself too far out if the early draft to make it worthwhile. Get the QB

Just now, mistakey said:

if they do this- this will be like the browns passing on ben roethlisberger in 2004 cause they thought that kelly holcomb was legit

and yes, im not exagerrating.  that draft was qb loaded and so is this one.  someones gonna losman it though.  probably the bills.  sorry bills fans.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

At two the Giants preferred QB will not be there if they trade out

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

and yes, im not exagerrating.  that draft was qb loaded and so is this one.  someones gonna losman it though.  probably the bills.  sorry bills fans.

If Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Eli Manning, Big Ben, and Rivers were all in the same draft, the 2004 guys would go before any of the 2018 guys. I'm not saying you are wrong that the Giants shouldn't pass on a QB, but the 2018 class isnt the 2004 class. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's not a big deal if they actually land a franchise QB.  But they traded up to 3 not knowing whose available.  For all we know, their top 2 QBs go in the first two picks.  That's a HUGE gamble.

Yea and was still alot to pay as well. I wouldnt want to be them right now. Indy made out big time

Archived