Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There is the potential that both the Giants at 2 and the Browns at 4 trade out, making the first 4 picks all QBs. The Browns are getting theirs at 1, Jets at 3, and if a team trades up to 2 to get theirs, one of the Bills/Cardinals/Broncos, whoever didn't trade up to 2, might move up to get whoever is left of Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Mayfield. Then the 5th pick becomes the spot to get Barkley or Nelson. 

Lots of uncertainty that is going to make the next month super fun. 

It is possible, but I wouldn't be too sure. This QB class is good, but not that good. I think Allen and Rosen are the only guys that have any business going in the Top 5. I may be very wrong, but when I watch Darnold play, he looks like a 2nd/3rd talent to me.

Like always though, the QB's are going to be drafted too high, which I think is awesome because the more lineman and defensive players that fall, the better for those mid-round picks. I just hope a start falls to #20 for the Lions. I do not know if Matt Patricia shares Belichick's strategy of never trading up in the 1st round, but if he doesnt, we should definitely trade up for Fitzpatrick, Nelson, or Chubb is available at #8 or later.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

QB going 1, 2, and 3 guaranteed now. Giants either taking a QB at 2 or trading out of the spot for a ransom

If they were trading out, why didn’t they make this deal? That’s my thought at least.

The Giants are taking a QB, as they should, as Eli is old and Rosen is the perfect replacement imo.

If anyone wants a QB, 4 will be the spot.

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There is the potential that both the Giants at 2 and the Browns at 4 trade out, making the first 4 picks all QBs. The Browns are getting theirs at 1, Jets at 3, and if a team trades up to 2 to get theirs, one of the Bills/Cardinals/Broncos, whoever didn't trade up to 2, might move up to get whoever is left of Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Mayfield. Then the 5th pick becomes the spot to get Barkley or Nelson. 

Lots of uncertainty that is going to make the next month super fun. 

As long as one of Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley falls to seven, I don't care.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they were trading out, why didn’t they make this deal? That’s my thought at least.

The Giants are taking a QB, as they should, as Eli is old and Rosen is the perfect replacement imo.

Thats a good point. Its possible the Giants are locked in with who they are taking at 2. Nobody knows who that is though. 

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Just out of curiousity do you know what the top 10 qbs in the nfl have for a completion% under pressure?  QBs hate pressure.  Ultimately time will tell, bit if im taking a gamble im gambling on the big payoff.

They all complete a higher percentage of overall passes than 55% or 56%, that's for sure. If I'm taking a gamble, I'm not gambling on something working out that hasn't happened in 25 years. I'm not letting a project QB from Wyoming determine my job status.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Might not have wanted to move down to 6. If they only like 3 QB's, Barkley, and Nelson it doesn't make sense to trade to 6. 

They also might've been asking for more than the Colts, Jets just decided that going to 3 not 2 is better because they probably have a top 3 at QB as well. 

This puts the Bills in a tough spot. Best shot is to move up from 12 to 4 and then move up from 4 to 2 if they are set on getting "their guy" instead of "settling" for the 4th QB taken

Just now, MWil23 said:

They all complete a higher percentage of overall passes than 55% or 56%, that's for sure. If I'm taking a gamble, I'm not gambling on something working out that hasn't happened in 25 years. I'm not letting a project QB from Wyoming determine my job status.

I mean, Stafford completed 57% of his passes in college. Not like that is a huge difference. Cutler also completed 57% of his passes in college. 

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

Giants could've been asking for a 1st next year, for example. From the Jets perspective, no point in doing that if you like 3 QB's this year 

That is a good point. They were able to keep their 1st next year out of the deal. I would take that all day. 

Archived