Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

29 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Wow I never expected that kind of return for dropping 3 spots.

Seems odd for the Jets though, they must be going after someone in particular but who says he'll be there?

I agree

This makes WAY more sense as a draft day trade when both parties know EXACTLY who is available at 3.

Love this for the Colts though. They probably get the player they would have taken anyways at 3 (Chubb)

Love this for the Browns too. REALLY opens up their options

People will criticise, just like people had a go at Ryan Pace for giving up a couple of 3rd rounders to move up to 2 for Trubisky, but it's the price of doing business.

If you have close to identical grades on 3 QBs, why not stick at 3. Pace had Trubisky way out ahead so did whatever he could to get his guy.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This, plus 2 other factors:

1. It is a seller's market with potentially multiple teams looking to get up to 2. 

2. The Giants arent in a rush to dump the pick. They could just as easily take a QB themselves. Unless a trade offer blows them away, they can be happy standing where they are. 

Like I said earlier: king's ransom. 

Yeah I’m kinda really upset the jets jumped the browns at 4 giving NYG all the leverage but I am excited that the browns are forced now to get a qb at one and then can take best position player at 4. 

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Lamar Jackson at 4 book it 

Honestly

If I'm the Browns I take Saquon #1, then trade the 4 to the Bills and draft Lamar at 12

Disclaimer: if the Bills trade up to #2 PRE-DRAFT, then the Browns should take a QB at 1 and Barkley at 4

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I agree

This makes WAY more sense as a draft day trade when both parties know EXACTLY who is available at 3.

Love this for the Colts though. They probably get the player they would have taken anyways at 3 (Chubb)

I think this all but guarantees Barkley will be there at 4. No way Giants pass up on the haul they'll receive for the 2nd overall pick so they can take a RB. First 3 picks will be QBs imo. 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I agree

Prices go up the closer you get to the actual pick

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I would be ecstatic lol.. No need to panic and we're definitely not making a deal til draft day now imo.

Denver may not even go QB with Keenum on board.

I'm actually lol at the Jets for this deal. They have holes everywhere and will be adding a QB who likely won't start. 

Na if anything I’m pretty sure that this is definitely panic time for the bills 

Just now, Tk3 said:

Honestly

If I'm the Browns I take Saquon #1, then trade the 4 to the Bills and draft Lamar at 12

If you're the Browns you take whichever QB you want at #1 and then take Barkley at #4 after the Bills trade up to #2 to take Josh Allen

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not sure what it's going to take.  After the Rams traded up to #1 overall with the Titans a two years ago, the Eagles gave five picks to the Browns to move up to #2 overall from #8 overall and that included a future first rounder.  Maybe the Bills don't give the 22nd overall pick and they give a future first instead, I'm not sure.  Or maybe they give both first this year to move up to #2 and a future first, but they can keep some of their other picks (2nd rounder).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but I don't see why the Bills would give up all their picks in the top 64 PLUS a future 1st.  I think they'd give up either a 2nd this year and a 1st next year or both of their 2nd round picks this year.  Not both of their 2nds this year and their 1st next year.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm definitely being facetious. He has the highest ceiling and CLEARLY the lowest floor. He's boom or bust. If you draft him, you're rolling the dice hoping that he's the only successful QB to come out of college and become a franchise caliber QB with a horrific completion percentage since Brett Favre. Matt Stafford at least showed progression in all three years at UGA. Josh Allen is erratic and can't do anything under pressure.

I wouldnt call 56% horrible.  And there are mitigating factors, 1 being playing at Wyoming where the receivers didnt really do him any favors.  Idk i cant help but root for him bc hes such a good kid and that arm is the best ive seen since Favre.  If I were a gm hes the only one that i would really want to roll the dice on.   Maybe Rosen too, bc he is so natural.  Dont like Daenold and i think thats a disaster waiting to happen.  Im not sold on Mayfield at all, and while i love the thought of Jacksons athleticism in an nfl spread, i cant overlook the same accuracy issues as Allen without even close to the same arm talent.  

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

If you're the Browns you take whichever QB you want at #1 and then take Barkley at #4 after the Bills trade up to #2 to take Josh Allen

I agree, but there is no guarantee that the Giants don't hold their ground and draft Saquon

This makes the Browns #1 pick that much more interesting. They have Tyrod and Hyde, and now have one more QB (pretty much) guaranteed to be gone by #4. Since Tyrod is only on a 1 year deal, this might force Browns to go QB at #1.

On the other hand, if the Bills trade up for the Giants pick, the Browns could very easily end up with the top QB and top non-QB in the draft.

Archived