Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I was thinking more like Josh Allen...who would look GREAT in Buffalo. I think that he's DEFINITELY worth picks 12, 21, and a 2019 1st. EASILY. I mean, he can throw the ball 80 yards for crying out loud!

Josh Allen at 1 Lamar Jackson at 4 is most browns thing ever 

I was thinking more like Josh Allen...who would look GREAT in Buffalo. I think that he's DEFINITELY worth picks 12, 21, and a 2019 1st. EASILY. I mean, he can throw the ball 80 yards for crying out loud!

The Browns are taking Josh Allen at #1 you guys need to just accept this.:o

Just now, MWil23 said:

Ik you are being fecicious, but honestly im leaning towards him at the top of the class bc he has something that is just special and as much as people hate to admit it, he by far has the highest ceiling in the class.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Trying to come up with a logical comparison, the Jets' 2nd round picks in 2018 are worth 940 points.  The Bills' selection at 21 is worth 780 points.  They can make up that difference by including their latest 3rd round pick (96th, 116 points) and 4th round pick (121st, 52 points).  Now the Bills' have to make up the difference between their original pick and the Jets' pick, which comes down to 420 points.  Right now, the Bills two 2nd round picks are worth a combined 710, so the Giants would likely need to kick some value back.  Their 3rd round pick and 5th round pick get it closer.

So all in all, the Bills traded both 1sts, both 2nds, their 3rd, and 4th round pick for the Giants 1st, 3rd, and 5th round picks.  That's just to "match" the Jets offer, which didn't even include value on their future 2nd.

The trade value chart is completely useless when it comes to potential franchise QB's.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You think it's going to take 2 additional 1sts to move up from 12?

I'm not sure what it's going to take.  After the Rams traded up to #1 overall with the Titans a two years ago, the Eagles gave five picks to the Browns to move up to #2 overall from #8 overall and that included a future first rounder.  Maybe the Bills don't give the 22nd overall pick and they give a future first instead, I'm not sure.  Or maybe they give both first this year to move up to #2 and a future first, but they can keep some of their other picks (2nd rounder).

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

The Browns are taking Josh Allen at #1 you guys need to just accept this.:o

Well accept it when you accept you’ll need to give up both firsts this year and a first next year to get your quarterback 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ik you are being fecicious, but honestly im leaning towards him at the top of the class bc he has something that is just special and as much as people hate to admit it, he by far has the highest ceiling in the class.

I'm definitely being facetious. He has the highest ceiling and CLEARLY the lowest floor. He's boom or bust. If you draft him, you're rolling the dice hoping that he's the only successful QB to come out of college and become a franchise caliber QB with a horrific completion percentage since Brett Favre. Matt Stafford at least showed progression in all three years at UGA. Josh Allen is erratic and can't do anything under pressure.

Just now, Akomplice said:

The trade value chart is completely useless when it comes to potential franchise QB's.

This, plus 2 other factors:

1. It is a seller's market with potentially multiple teams looking to get up to 2. 

2. The Giants arent in a rush to dump the pick. They could just as easily take a QB themselves. Unless a trade offer blows them away, they can be happy standing where they are. 

Like I said earlier: king's ransom. 

I'm definitely being facetious. He has the highest ceiling and CLEARLY the lowest floor. He's boom or bust. If you draft him, you're rolling the dice hoping that he's the only successful QB to come out of college and become a franchise caliber QB with a horrific completion percentage since Brett Favre. Matt Stafford at least showed progression in all three years at UGA. Josh Allen is erratic and can't do anything under pressure.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Browns-Allen

Jets- Darnold

Broncos- Rosen

Baker falls to 12 for the Bills. Hehehehehhehe

I would be ecstatic lol.. No need to panic and we're definitely not making a deal til draft day now imo.

Denver may not even go QB with Keenum on board.

I'm actually lol at the Jets for this deal. They have holes everywhere and will be adding a QB who likely won't start. 

28 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I still think we can do it without giving up a future first.

I agree

12, 22, 53, 65 or 12, 22, 53, future 2nd. 12, 22, 53, 56 if Giants negotiate well

something of that nature

3 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I was talking strictly in terms of matching value that the Jets gave up, not trying to match it with the Giants' pick.

Archived