Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I agree, but there is no guarantee that the Giants don't hold their ground and draft Saquon

I’ve just been speculating, but I think Dorsey really wants Bradley Chubb too. We tried to get Michael Bennett and Robert Quinn. Him and Garrett would be bookends for the next decade.

3 minutes ago, Sepanak said:

This makes the Browns #1 pick that much more interesting. They have Tyrod and Hyde, and now have one more QB (pretty much) guaranteed to be gone by #4. Since Tyrod is only on a 1 year deal, this might force Browns to go QB at #1.

On the other hand, if the Bills trade up for the Giants pick, the Browns could very easily end up with the top QB and top non-QB in the draft.

There is the potential that both the Giants at 2 and the Browns at 4 trade out, making the first 4 picks all QBs. The Browns are getting theirs at 1, Jets at 3, and if a team trades up to 2 to get theirs, one of the Bills/Cardinals/Broncos, whoever didn't trade up to 2, might move up to get whoever is left of Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Mayfield. Then the 5th pick becomes the spot to get Barkley or Nelson. 

Lots of uncertainty that is going to make the next month super fun. 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve just been speculating, but I think Dorsey really wants Bradley Chubb too. We tried to get Michael Bennett and Robert Quinn. Him and Garrett would be bookends for the next decade.

Not that it's a bad idea, but wouldn't that relegate Ogbah to your 3rd pass rusher?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Not that it's a bad idea, but wouldn't that relegate Ogbah to your 3rd pass rusher?

The amount of rotation that happens on the d-line, everyone would get their snaps. I'd rather trade down, but this trade makes it a lot more difficult.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless they move him inside to DT as has been speculated. He's great against the run and I personally like him as a starter, but if he can cause disruption in the interior he'll be just as valuable, especially in obvious pass rushing situations.

I don't love the thought of taking Chubb, but if it works out, I'll be on board.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I still see Giants trading down from 2 and I also see Browns trading down from 4. 

Colts in a great place. Curious to see what they do. They might move back again.

I think it is a guarantee one or both move out. There is no way the Giants pick at 2 and the Browns pick at 4. 

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...stopped reading here.

Throw in his 39% under pressure stat and NO THANKS.

Just out of curiousity do you know what the top 10 qbs in the nfl have for a completion% under pressure?  QBs hate pressure.  Ultimately time will tell, bit if im taking a gamble im gambling on the big payoff.

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Na if anything I’m pretty sure that this is definitely panic time for the bills 

No it's not lol, break it down

Browns - Darnold/Allen

Giants - Nelson/Barkley/QB ?

Jets - Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Mayfield

Browns - Not taking another QB obviously

Broncos - 25/75 imo they take a QB after Keenum

Us in Bills forum aren't on Josh Allen train, so IF Giants pass on a QB and Josh Allen goes 1 or 3. Were in good shape. Alot can happen but after initial shock, it's NOT panic time quote yet

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think it is a guarantee one or both move out. There is no way the Giants pick at 2 and the Browns pick at 4. 

I mean the Giants might stay and draft Barkley or Nelson but Browns at 4 I think is not happening. They move back slightly and gain a ton and use that to keep rebuilding. 

29 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

The trade value chart is completely useless when it comes to potential franchise QB's.

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This, plus 2 other factors:

1. It is a seller's market with potentially multiple teams looking to get up to 2. 

2. The Giants arent in a rush to dump the pick. They could just as easily take a QB themselves. Unless a trade offer blows them away, they can be happy standing where they are. 

Like I said earlier: king's ransom. 

The other part - there were multiple teams who a ton of ammunition to overpay.    It's one thing to have multiple buyers, but BUF having all that ammunition made it necessary for IND to go absolutely nuts in the price.   

It certainly highlights book value is just a guide.  

As for the Giants - IMO they won't move the pick without something now just absolutely insane.  Why?  Because if the Jets got their franchise guy, face-of-the-team for a decade, and the G-men passed up on him to move down?   No way.   I think this will lock the Gmen into Barkley, or their QB.   Anything else, and they then face the prospect of whoever they pass up play right next door.  Frankly, that's only justifiable if you go Barkley at 1.2. 

NYJ picking at 1.3 means NYG is letting them have whoever they pass up on.   For a win-now big city, it would be unacceptable to pass up on a franchise QB, or a HoF-ceiling talent like Barkley.  It's part of the price of playing in Gotham.  

23 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yeah I’m kinda really upset the jets jumped the browns at 4 giving NYG all the leverage but I am excited that the browns are forced now to get a qb at one and then can take best position player at 4. 

Moving up to 1.3 was so likely though - BUF if it wasn't going to be NYJ or another team.    CLE's acquisition of Hyde at RB was a clear signal that they were making plan B's in case Barkley wasn't there at 1.4 (or that they might pass on him there anyways - which would be a mistake IMO).   This just makes it official that QB is going 1.3, but that was likely what CLE's FO was planning for anyways, IND moving down was one of the easiest projections to make - it just a matter of to who.

Archived