2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It'll be similar to the Wentz trade up. 

I know the Trade Value Chart is not perfect but here is that trade:

Eagles received: 2nd pick (2600) and future 4th RD pick (~80) = ~2680

Browns received: 8th pick (1400), 77th pick (205), 100th pick (100), future 1st RD pick (~1000) and future 2nd RD pick (~400) = ~3105

If we have the 6th pick in the draft, it'll probably take our 1st, a future 1st, and one of our second round picks. 

It won't be an easy decision. 

If you get the right guy then you do it.

Would the Browns rather have Wentz/Watson or all those picks.

22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If you get the right guy then you do it.

Would the Browns rather have Wentz/Watson or all those picks.

Oh definitely. Our scouting team and GM have to get the QB position right this coming year. If Rosen or Darnold is their guy, go get him. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

It'll be similar to the Wentz trade up. 

I know the Trade Value Chart is not perfect but here is that trade:

Eagles received: 2nd pick (2600) and future 4th RD pick (~80) = ~2680

Browns received: 8th pick (1400), 77th pick (205), 100th pick (100), future 1st RD pick (~1000) and future 2nd RD pick (~400) = ~3105

If we have the 6th pick in the draft, it'll probably take our 1st, a future 1st, and one of our second round picks. 

It won't be an easy decision. 

Yeah, no thanks on that. This draft is different then that one. I like Jackson and Mayfield quite a bit.

On 11/18/2017 at 12:53 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

Snacks probably wishes he had never left right about now. 

I loved Snacks but he can go scratch.  The second he got to the Giants he started running his mouth about the feeling in the Giants locker room being different than with the Jets.  One that is more professional and one that's only focus is the Superbowl.  The Jets and Rex made you who you are and got you paid, he should shut his mouth.  Glad they fell apart this year, how's that locker room now Snacks?  All those anonymous quotes we were getting were so professional.     

What was really crazy was when SD had the first pick and they picked Manning and turn around and traded Manning to the Giants for their #3 pick which was Rivers, and NY first round the next year, To this day I still think Rivers is the much better QB. Just my opion

43 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What was really crazy was when SD had the first pick and they picked Manning and turn around and traded Manning to the Giants for their #3 pick which was Rivers, and NY first round the next year, To this day I still think Rivers is the much better QB. Just my opion

But Eli has won 2 SBs, so he will always be viewed as the better QB. The Chargers probably won’t win a SB before Rivers retires.

Shawm Merriman was awesome until he fell into injury and steroid crap.  That killed Chargers' value.  Giants' still win that trade. Barely.. I don't bother using statistic because Manning started 2 years prior to Rivers' chance, thanking to Drew Brees.

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Shawm Merriman was awesome until he fell into injury and steroid crap.  That killed Chargers' value.  Giants' still win that trade. Barely.. I don't bother using statistic because Manning started 2 years prior to Rivers' chance, thanking to Drew Brees.

Great memory, you are so right, Merriman was so great to bad he fell on had times.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, Bobby816 said:

But Eli has won 2 SBs, so he will always be viewed as the better QB. The Chargers probably won’t win a SB before Rivers retires.

What  you say is true, but you could say the same thing about Ernie Banks in baseball, and Charles  Barkley in basketball, these player never won anything, like Rivers. But you would give your right arm to have any one of those three players on your team. Its all about the team you have around you. No way am I comparing Geno Smith, to the above players, but when he had a chance to be starting QB for the Jets he was supported with garbage players.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What  you say is true, but you could say the same thing about Ernie Banks in baseball, and Charles  Barkley in basketball, these player never won anything, like Rivers. But you would give your right arm to have any one of those three players on your team. 

Baseball and basketball are largely individual centered games, I don't believe Rivers is going to make it into the HoF because he doesn't have a ring even though I believe he was a superior QB to Eli. Eli's last name and 2 spectacular catches are going to get him into the HoF after a relatively lack luster overall career.

Archived