Raiders sign CB Leon Hall

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Gruden getting that 10 year contract was highway robbery.

I think Gruden has a 10 year window to contend with the team he’s assembled.   Unfotunately as @EaglesPeteC pointed out  it runs from 2009-2018.  

When Gruden told Mark Davis he’d look at game tape to find solutions for 2018 I don’t think anyone realized he was referring to his actual VHS collection of game film.  :D

Doubt he makes the final roster tbh. Look at the signings we have made, most of them are players who have played under Gruden or Guenther. They will essentially teach others the systems and calls, and most likely that is it. Most of these guys are all on cheap, 1 year contracts. No harm, no foul.

I figured Zimmer would've had some interest in him given that he's coached him before and Newman remains unsigned, but I'm glad Hall has found another team.

I hope he does well.

Will he be playing CB or Safety? There was talk a few years ago that he may switch to Safety.

22 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Raiders are going to have the oldest roster in the league next season. 

Most of these "vets" are not going to have significant PT, or necessarily even make the roster. Guys like Shareece Wright, Hall, Doug Martin, Giacomini, etc.

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt even realize he was still playing

At this point, it's like a part time job for him. He's become one of those people who retire, but then take a job as a door greeter at walmart three days a week just because they want to get out of the house for a bit some days. You know, except he's paid a lot more for his part time work. 

Archived