8. Brian Flores NE LB
9. Jim Bob Cooter DET OC
10. Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC
11. Paul Guenther OAK DC 
12. James Betcher NYG DC
13. Teryl Austin CIN DC

1 hour ago, Scout said:

9. Matt Burke, Dolphins DC

Only 1 year as DC with pretty 'meh' results, albeit with limited personnel at LB and poor complementary football from the offense. Favored a wide-9 zone/press type scheme last year.

Great beard though.

060517_ACAM_17.jpg

18 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Only 1 year as DC with pretty 'meh' results, albeit with limited personnel at LB and poor complementary football from the offense. Favored a wide-9 zone/press type scheme last year.

Great beard though.

060517_ACAM_17.jpg

-- Matt Burke, defensive coordinator, Miami Dolphins: A 13-year NFL assistant who replaced close colleague Vance Joseph (now the Broncos' head coach) as coordinator this year, Burke was the guy I knew the least about on this list, until NFL people kept bringing up his name. Scouting report from people Burke, 41, has worked with: very smart, great communication skills, adjusts well on game day, good leader, players respond to him. Said one NFL executive I respect: "If I said, 'Who's the next Sean McVay?' it would be Matt Burke."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868188/article/nfl-assistant-coaches-on-the-rise-five-big-questions-for-week-8

16 minutes ago, Scout said:

Link? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFffAfQXqIXdNHm2xW1yk

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/24/packers-dc-mike-pettine-has-no-interest-in-being-nfl-head-coach-again/

Pettine said at Wednesday’s introductory press conference that he has zero interest in becoming a head coach again.

“It was like going from the teacher to now you’re the principal,” Pettine said. “As a coordinator, it might be 90 percent football, 10 percent administrative stuff. That essentially flipped. And I didn’t like it.”

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

“It was like going from the teacher to now you’re the principal,” Pettine said. “As a coordinator, it might be 90 percent football, 10 percent administrative stuff. That essentially flipped. And I didn’t like it.”

He might like it better with an owner that isn't a complete baboon.

21 hours ago, Scout said:

Jim Bob Cooter, Lions OC

I think he should be higher on the list. Partly because I love his name, but also because he's quietly turned Matt Stafford into a really good QB.

6 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I have to think at this point Toub isn't going to be a HC ever. Seems content to just be a really good ST coordinator. 

He just got promoted to Asst. HC this year, with Reid singing his praises for his work with the whole team.

I very much think he still wants a HC position.

Archived