Call your shots

mistakey

14 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I can support this approach except for the Allen part.

I have no issues with Taylor being the QB and can easily see him continuing to be the QB for the next couple of years except, in normal Browns fashion, we will sit him at the first sign of a semi-bad game for the guy we draft that is sitting behind him. Then bounce back and forth for a few games before jettisoning him then declaring the new guy a bust as well later in the season. Seen this play out far too many times now and is the reason I could support your approach of not grabbing a QB as then it keeps of from feeling the need to have to start the backup. 

Honestly, I really expect  Taylor to have a fantastic season given the weapons he will have available to him, especially in Landry given his inclination to throw to the shorter, safer outlet. Landry's ability to get open and catch everything thrown his way is going to perfectly compliment Taylor's game.

That is not at all what I meant.  The post you quoted was in response to my preference of getting barkley at 1 and Chubb at 2.  No qb until later (round 4 or later since we have no round 3),  and going with taylor as our qb for at least the next 7 or 8 years.  Thus, no benching Taylor for a high round draft pick.

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

That is not at all what I meant.  The post you quoted was in response to my preference of getting barkley at 1 and Chubb at 2.  No qb until later (round 4 or later since we have no round 3),  and going with taylor as our qb for at least the next 7 or 8 years.  Thus, no benching Taylor for a high round draft pick.

That is what I said as well.

The part about not agreeing with Allen was a separate point.  I feel the other three have more upside than him but it is personal opinion.  

Sorry, just typed it out poorly as I had the wife nagging me at the same time.

1: Darnold

4: Chubb is gone (NYG), so the Browns either trade back and draft Ward or just draft Ward at #4

I just refuse to believe any scenario involving Dorsey drafting a RB in the Top 5 (right or wrong, he won't) or passing on Darnold. If he passes on Sam, I'm taking a hiatus...it will be at least two weeks until I talk myself into whomever we draft instead of him.

33 minutes ago, mistakey said:

rumor has it we like guice (also rumor had it SF likes him).  

They sent McLoughan to do a workup on him no less than two weeks ago. Seems like this front office’s MO to do their due diligence.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

McCloughan liked Guice better than Barkley last August, that’s straight from the horse’s fingers via the twitters.

I get the whole anti-Barkley in the Top 5 sentiment and I agree with it hole heatedly, but I will be soooo pissed if we pass on Barkley at #4 just to trade down to say #12 with the Bills and take Derrius Guice. Obviously I wouldn't be upset at passing on Barkley at #4 or even the trade down as I am hoping for both things to happen. I would be pissed with the decision to take a lesser RB at near identical or even lesser value in relation to the draft slot.

Its like passing on the on a brand new Lexus RX because you turn your nose up at 43,000 but the you turn around and buy a brand new Toyota Rav4 XLE for 30,000.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I get the whole anti-Barkley in the Top 5 sentiment and I agree with it hole heatedly, but I will be soooo pissed if we pass on Barkley at #4 just to trade down to say #12 with the Bills and take Derrius Guice. Obviously I wouldn't be upset at passing on Barkley at #4 or even the trade down as I am hoping for both things to happen. I would be pissed with the decision to take a lesser RB at near identical or even lesser value in relation to the draft slot.

Its like passing on the on a brand new Lexus RX because you turn your nose up at 43,000 but the you turn around and buy a brand new Toyota Rav4 XLE for 30,000.

I’m in 100% disagreement on this one.

I think Guice is a really good prospect whose running style I prefer in general. He may not make it through a second contract, but he runs HARD.

This situation is similar to the Hooker/Peppers + first deal from last year. Perhaps a slightly inferior player, but the additional compensation more than makes up for it.

The car comparison does make a decent point though, they both do essentially the same thing, but one doesn’t have nearly the cost associated with it.

Archived