College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

yeah Barkley is a stud 

I usually don't want to go RB in the first

but when Andrew Berry said Hue would prefer to have an every down back along with Sashi saying they're not afraid to take a position at any point if he is the right player I started  thinking of Barkley as more of a possibility 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Barkley has Barry sanders level talent. He was just as good as Zeke his freshmen year. He's always been better than Fournette.

WHAT???

Barry Sanders?? Are you out of your mind?

Better than Fournette?? What?

Yes he is as Good as Zeke as a prospect...

What evidence is there of this?

You must be just trying to get a rise out of me like @LETSGOBROWNIES

@brownie man....you liked this man....Barry Sanders and Fournette?

Maybe I am really crazy and don't understand football at all b/c I think there's a clear distinction between Sanders and Fournette in comp with Barkley...

Still hope we get Barkley but he's more Zeke than those players...

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

You're crazy if you think Barkley isn't every bit of the prospect all of those guys were. The only one that may be clearly better is Peterson. There's only about 4 I can think of that were better.

barry

peterson

walker

jackson

MAYBE Ricky Williams 

Marshawn Lynch was better...Fournette was a lot better...

What are you basing the thought that he's as good as Fournette or Marshawn Lynch...

Fournette went for 1950 plus when every single person knew he was getting the ball and their QB was trash in 12 games...Fournette had more power, burst...better feet...Marshawn had uncanny vision and ballerina feet coming out of college...

Barkley is great...a back going top 15 is great but Fournette goes top 5 in every draft even with injury question marks...without those...he goes top 2

Needs going forward:

OBVIOUS:

1. RT: Coleman isn't the answer unless he catches lightning in a bottle the next 14 games

2. WR: This is a glaring need even with a healthy Coleman

3. Pass Rush: Garrett will DEFINITELY help here if he's healthy, but even with him back this is a concern. Hopefully Ogbah and Nassib continue to develop.

Obvious if they don't improve:

1. RB: Crow had better step up or let's get rid of him. Three straight years of inconsistency, mediocrity, and lack of vision/explosiveness to hit the hole means we need another RB

2. QB: It's early and I'm not giving up on Kizer. Thankfully we have 14 more games to see him. If he doesn't look like he's DEFINITELY THE GUY going forward, we need a high picked QB in the draft or a huge free agent splash

3. Depth in the secondary: Our secondary hasn't played badly, but I'd still love a lockdown #1 outside CB and a ball hawking FS.

Last I checked, it's hard to score points without guys who can make plays. How often are we going to score points with Isaiah Crowell and Corey Coleman as our greatest 'playmakers?' Get some dudes who can stretch the field, hit s big play, or even turn a screen pass into 25 yards. The logic that a RB1 can be had later just has holes. For instance, you can tell the Cowboys that they can have Jordan Howard mid-round or Zeke in the top 5, and they'd be crazy to have any regrets. That kid round guy is also generally a lower percentage bet than the higher drafted player. Lower round = lower evaluation, though that guy could also turn out. Stick to your board and don't overthink it. This is how the Browns traditionally screw things up. Give me Barkley if he's at the top of the board and available. We have a luxury of lots of picks to continue to draft BPA at so many spots. There could be 6 top 70 picks, 5 in the top 60. Take some swings. Jeesh.

I'm not saying that Saquon Barkley can't be a great talent in the NFL but to compare him to Barry Sanders is ridiculous.  I've never seen a RB make something out of absolutely nothing like Sanders could.  If he hadn't retired early he would have broken the all time rushing record easily.  I haven't seen a player prior to Barry Sanders or after he retired with his balance and start/stop ability.  He was a legitimate human highlight reel.  I'm sorry but Saquon Barkley is not like Barry Sanders, no one is. Period.

Peace!!!

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, MWil23 said:

Needs going forward:

OBVIOUS:

1. RT: Coleman isn't the answer unless he catches lightning in a bottle the next 14 games

2. WR: This is a glaring need even with a healthy Coleman

3. Pass Rush: Garrett will DEFINITELY help here if he's healthy, but even with him back this is a concern. Hopefully Ogbah and Nassib continue to develop.

Obvious if they don't improve:

1. RB: Crow had better step up or let's get rid of him. Three straight years of inconsistency, mediocrity, and lack of vision/explosiveness to hit the hole means we need another RB

2. QB: It's early and I'm not giving up on Kizer. Thankfully we have 14 more games to see him. If he doesn't look like he's DEFINITELY THE GUY going forward, we need a high picked QB in the draft or a huge free agent splash

3. Depth in the secondary: Our secondary hasn't played badly, but I'd still love a lockdown #1 outside CB and a ball hawking FS.

A) Shon Coleman is a first year starter against two playoff caliber teams, relax. He is nowhere as bad as the RTs we've had, plus he is a really good run blocker, and a few of the sacks he gave up was because Kizer held the ball too long, go watch. I personally think Coleman can be a really good starter level RT in this league.

B) You just don't use high draft picks on RT's bro, 3 of the 5 players on our current OL are Pro Bowlers, we need cohesion more than we need another high pick on the OL, Ask New England

16 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A) Shon Coleman is a first year starter against two playoff caliber teams, relax.

Like I said, unless he looks good the next 14 games was the caveat. We don't have an alternative this year, so let's see what he's got. If he doesn't show us something over the rest of the season, it's time to find a replacement, period.

He is nowhere as bad as the RTs we've had

LOL. High Praise.

plus he is a really good run blocker,

Definitely evident by our tremendous rushing attack thus far in the season.

and a few of the sacks he gave up was because Kizer held the ball too long, go watch.

Agreed. However, a lot of the hurries and a few sacks are because he looks overwhelmed.

I personally think Coleman can be a really good starter level RT in this league.

I hope you're right.

B) You just don't use high draft picks on RT's bro

Bro, I didn't say we needed to use a high draft pick. I said unless he improves over the next 14 games we needed a replacement for him because he's not starting material.

3 of the 5 players on our current OL are Pro Bowlers, we need cohesion more than we need another high pick on the OL, Ask New England

I would agree. That doesn't mean we should keep guys at starters for the sake of "cohesion". We should keep our quality starters intact and clearly upgrade weaknesses, which Coleman is thus far.

Archived