2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Not the Iowa guy i was hoping for but I’ll take it.  BEARS DRAFTED A HAWKEYE!!!!!

Jackson is too slow to play corner successfully in the NFL

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I understand the pick.  Pushes whitehair to guard.  Would have loved Landry, especially since the rumor is the health concerns are not valid for him, but this pick definitely makes sense.

Or Whitehair stays at C. It’s not like Daniels can’t play G. BTW, who said the rumors aren’t valid? The Lions team website put up an article about his issues so I doubt they’re false

4 minutes ago, malak1 said:

?

Addressing a big need with a player who could have gone in the 20’s. Yeah, horrible pick

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I understand the pick.  Pushes whitehair to guard.  Would have loved Landry, especially since the rumor is the health concerns are not valid for him, but this pick definitely makes sense.

Landry is a situational guy...Daniels will play every snap...I like it.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Or Whitehair stays at C. It’s not like Daniels can’t play G. BTW, who said the rumors aren’t valid? The Lions team website put up an article about his issues so I doubt they’re false

Addressing a big need with a player who could have gone in the 20’s. Yeah, horrible pick

Never said it was horrible ??‍♂️

Daniels at 39 >>>>>> Nelson at 8 (had he gotten there). Great pick. This IS a strong investment in Mitch Trubisky. 

Bears clearly comfortable with what they have at Edge which is surprising to me, however they were productive last year with middling OLB and ILB that didn’t include a stud like Roquan. Day 3 will be interesting for sure. Also have to wonder if a Lamarr Houston reunion isn’t potentially on the radar. 

A lot to like at the top of this draft for Pace. Nice work. 

James Daniels isn’t a sexy pick, but offensive lineman never are. This should hopefully help quell the offensive line shuffling.

I get the feeling though that a lot of you are gonna be lamenting Landry for a long time. This board had Vic Beasley-like obsession over him.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

You must think Sherman is too slow to play CB too.  Somebody is going to get an absolute STEAL at CB with Jackson.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Whitehair isn't gonna stay at center, considering his struggles with snaps last season.  And Daniels is certainly better suited for C than G, even in a zone scheme.

Also, like I said before, Pete Schrager (who usually has some pretty decent sources) said injuries were not the concern for Landry.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

James Daniels isn’t a sexy pick, but offensive lineman never are. This should hopefully help quell the offensive line shuffling.

I get the feeling though that a lot of you are gonna be lamenting Landry for a long time. This board had Vic Beasley-like obsession over him.

Psh, speak for yourself.

Archived