All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

The woman's TLC was really good. Maybe the best womans match of all time. If the plan is to build to a Flair vs Rousey vs Lynch match to main event Wrestlemania, they are going a great job. If that is not the plan, then I have no idea what they are doing. They did take the belt off lynch in the perfect way. 

I think if I was writing for WWE, I would book a royal Rumble finish that puts Lynch and Flair as the final two, and have some kind of screwy ending, which sets up a match to settle it, which doesnt settle it and allows for a triple Threat match. 

Either way, this is the most legit chance they are gonna get to have a womans match headline wrestlemania and actually feel like a headline match. It has to be no DQ though so they can go outside the ring.

Its also time to bust our the Miz royal rumble win. I doubt the MIz vs DB match is gonna happen now that DB is a heel, it just wouldnt work great. My second thought would be Seth Rollins winning and taking on Lesnar at Mania. 

here is where I would go with the Mania Card as of right now, Bolded is winner:

Rousey vs Lynch vs Flair NO DQ for the Raw Woman's Championship

Rollins vs Lesnar for the Universal Championship

Stroman vs McIntyre

DB vs The Miz for the WWE Championship

Roode and Gable vs Owens and Zayn for the Raw Tag Championships

Ambrose vs Ziggler vs Balor vs Mahal vs Crews vs Elias Latter match for the IC Title

The Bar vs The New Day vs The Usos vs Gallows and Anderson Fatal 4 way elimination for the smackdown tag titles

Rusev vs Joe vs Nakamura for the US Title

Styles vs Randy Orton in the we have no story for you, but you have to be on Mania match

Asuka vs Baley vs Banks triple threat for the Smackdown Championship

Lashley wins the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. 

Undertaker vs Jon Cena

Wrestlers With The Highest Volume of Great Matches in 2018 according to CageMatch Ratings

renderTimingPixel.png

For this ranking, I collected data based on matches rated 8.00+ or in other words, 8/10 and higher and these were the wrestlers that came up with the most. Anybody with 5 matches or higher with 8.00+ ratings were considered.

Kenny Omega - 20

Kota Ibushi - 19

Zack Sabre Jr. - 19

WALTER - 18

Will Ospreay - 16

Kazuchika Okada - 15

Tomohiro Ishii - 13

The Young Bucks - 10

Everybody in single digits:

9:

Tetsuya Naito

Hiromu Takahashi

8:

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Takashi Sugiura

SANADA

7:

Kento Miyahara

Buddy Murphy

Timothy Thatcher

6:

Ricochet

Shingo Takagi

Shuji Ishikawa

Matt Riddle

Pete Dunne

Pentagon Jr.

Rey Fenix

Naomichi Marufuji

Hirooki Goto

Zeus

Roderick Strong

Kyle O’Reilly

Adam Cole

5:

Johnny Gargano

Tommaso Ciampa

Minoru Suzuki

Marty Scurll

Tyler Bate

Trent Seven

Konosuke Take****a

Ilja Dragunov

Kenoh

Juice Robinson

AJ Styles

Found this pretty neat. Omega had 60 matches, 1/3rd basically top shelf. ZSJ even less matches on the year, able to carry likely the highest percentage using his particular style is really telling on how amazing he is.

Also. 52 year old Suzuki with as many as AJ. Love me some Suzuki glad he can still carry being seen as one of the best in the world at his age.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:02 AM, Texansfan713 said:

wwe might be on to something with this aj styles thing. 

I thought the "Evil Ways" AJ Styles from TNA was great, they just drew it out too long, and the same goes for the entire Aces and 8's storyline.  They kept teasing what Styles would do for months, took a bit darker route but in the end, flipped it.  I can easily see WWE not flipping it this time around. 

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) is now official. Annoucement has been made.

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/all-elite-wrestling-and-double-or-nothing-officially-announced-273526

Snippets from the link:

- There will be a sequel to All In, titled Double or Nothing. A rally for the event will take place January 8 at TIAA Field (Jags Stadium). This will also be streamed live. 

- Cody is officially signed. Young Bucks aren't yet but should be soon. 

- No TV deal yet but Dave Meltzer confident there are "multiple offers out there" and that they will have one soon. TV industry was apparently very impressed with All In.

- Tony Khan (Jags Owner Shahid's son) is head of the company. Should be no worries of finance here. Shad is worth more than Vince McMahon.

- AEW want to work with NJPW, but not sure what will happen.

More info in the link. Should be very interesting stuff with AEW entering the business to compete with ROH and maybe make WWE sit up and take notice. Could be a very intriguing time for wrestling. 

4 hours ago, Livewire said:

Mean Gene was a legend. RIP.

I'd actually make a case that he's almost as responsible as Hogan was for actually establishing WWF as a top brand in the 80's.  Hogan was the face, but Mean Gene was the voice that was synonymous with WWF in that decade for so many people across the country (especially outside of the South and Southeast).  He might have the best case among a really stacked field for being Pro Wrestling's Howard Cosell.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'd actually make a case that he's almost as responsible as Hogan was for actually establishing WWF as a top brand in the 80's.  Hogan was the face, but Mean Gene was the voice that was synonymous with WWF in that decade for so many people across the country (especially outside of the South and Southeast).  He might have the best case among a really stacked field for being Pro Wrestling's Howard Cosell.

I grew up watching him on Saturday mornings after my friend introduced me to wrestling one day after a sleep over when I was in grade school. Been hooked ever since and that is a great comparison to Cosell.

Archived