Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The national media seems to be loving Roquan to the Bears. 

Roquan to the Bears and Nelson to the Colts just made too much sense. Elite players for teams trying to start an ascension.

As a football fan, I'm loving Roquan to the Bears too.  The Bears are not truly 'da Bears without a great linebacker.  As a Vikings fan, though, I'm hating the pick.  :)

6 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Losers

Seattle - A RB, like for real?

Cowboys - Never been a fan of LVE.  Doesn't take on blocks, and is iffy in coverage.  He's got range, length, and athleticism but I've seen RBs in the flat that he completely blew the coverage on multiple times.  Don't think he'll be elite, but let's see... 

Out of all the linemen going earlier than they should've and questionable trade-ups, your one of two "losers" is LVE at #19?  More power to your opinion, but that wavelength you operate on differs from mine a bit.

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Huh?  Penny is one of if not the best receiving back in the draft.

He had 19 catches for a paltry 135 yards as a senior.  That's not going to scare an NFL OC.  Barkley had more receptions this past year than Penny had his entire career.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

He had 19 catches for a paltry 135 yards as a senior.  That's not going to scare an NFL OC.  Barkley had more receptions this past year than Penny had his entire career.

Way to box score scout.  Penny has incredibly soft hands and showed the ability to run routes at the senior bowl and combine.  Hes a 3 down back.  

21 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Way to box score scout.  Penny has incredibly soft hands and showed the ability to run routes at the senior bowl and combine.  Hes a 3 down back.  

But NOT a first round back. He does a lot of good things, but nothing GREAT. It was the reach of the draft so far, given the players available at the spot.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

But NOT a first round back. He does a lot of good things, but nothing GREAT. It was the reach of the draft so far, given the players available at the spot.

I dont think any back other than Barkley was a 1st round back it wasnt that much of a value reach IMO maybe 15 picks early.  The Steelers reached on a player I had as a day 3 value, MAYBE late 3rd in the first.  That was the reach of day 1.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont think any back other than Barkley was a 1st round back it wasnt that much of a value reach IMO maybe 15 picks early.  The Steelers reached on a player I had as a day 3 value, MAYBE late 3rd in the first.  That was the reach of day 1.

Chubb and Guice were probably better talents, but I'm not sure if they were better fits.

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If you told me the Browns had the number one overall pick in the draft and two picks total in the top 4 and didn't walk away with Darnold, Chubb, or Barkely AT ALL, I'd have to say they're Losers. Epic, Epic Losers.

But being losers is what the Browns do!

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Loser nomination: Oakland Raiders

• Trade down? Great! The compensation? Pretty weak.
  • Pick #15? Nice! Miller? Oh hell no.
  • Acquire a 3rd from the trade down? Woo! Trade it for an inconsistent WR one blunt away from Josh Gordon? STOP IT.

VERY underwhelming to start the Gruden era.

Lots of upside, very Raider-y

49 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

He was reported last week as the #2 consensus back fwiw. He also lead the nation in missed tackles forced. I find this idea strange he does nothing great. Initial burst also excellent. Pure playmaking stud IMO. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Thats basically how all niners fans feel, except the opposite lol most of the guys we wanted were taken and no one wanted to trade up with us, so we took a guy that the fanbase is lukewarm on. 

Anyone else question the Falcons pick? Ridley IMO is a little overrated but even if you like him, was WR a big need for them? I know they lost Gabriel but Sanu and Julio seem good enough to take a similar WR a little later.  I thought they needed interior line help. 

Fit and value a factor as well

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't love Hayden Hurst (I'd rather have Goedert), but I love that Baltimore got Lamar Jackson. He's going to be special if he can stay healthy. 

I think think the Browns had a draft simply for overdrafting players. If they wanted Mayfield and Ward they could've moved back to get them.

Green Bay may not necessarily be winners right now, but they probably will be in next year's 1st round.On paper they are winners, but in reality it's hard to tell until they actually spend that extra first round pick. I suppose I was too critical of their GM at the time of the trade though. I didn't like it initially, but he set them up well for next season.

You really don't know that. If a team was looking to trade up to #1, that team was probably going to trade up for Darnold, which means the Jets would have probably taken Mayfield at #3.

And supposedly the Browns did look to trade down a bit from #4, but not too far where they'd hurt their chances of missing out on Ward. And supposedly there wasn't an offer that was right for them.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Chubb is that much better of a prospect than Ward. And a #1 CB is a bigger need for the Browns than a second DE, especially when they already have Garrett and Ogbah.

People are sleeping on what the Browns did too. Baker and Ward both have absolutely incredible tape at super high value positions. You can quibble Chubb, who is slightly overrated, but Ward was an absolute shut down monster last year and Cle needed some coverage, youth and general talent in that secondary. Now that secondary is deep enough to help that DL out with Ward, Randall and Carrie added. 

Archived