Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

52 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont think any back other than Barkley was a 1st round back it wasnt that much of a value reach IMO maybe 15 picks early.  The Steelers reached on a player I had as a day 3 value, MAYBE late 3rd in the first.  That was the reach of day 1.

Forgot about Edmunds to the Steelers, but Penny is a close 2nd. 

I think the Patriots won a lot. Everyone expected them to go defense but by that point they would have been reaching. Filled a huge need with great value on the offensive line and got the 2nd best RB in the draft for a team that hasn’t had a true premier back since Corey Dillon. Offensively they just bolstered an elite passing game with stronger protection and a run attack.

I expect them to go defense with their early 2nd round pick. 

WINNERS:

Was a big Lamar fan so I love what Bal did even though they paid a premium.  Flacco better look over his shoulder because his days are numbered.

Obviously very happy with my Jets pick too.

Rosen was a nice get for ARI who will fit there nicely.

DEN and INDY both did really well.  The DEN duo is scary good and INDY getting those Jet picks and a great OG for their franchise QB is exactly what they needed.

GB - Love Alexander there.  #2 CB behind Ward.  They got themselves a nice CB.

MIN - Nothing flashy but a really solid CB just in case they lose Waynes and gives them a trio to work with this year that is very impressive.

LOSERS:

BUF trading up twice for Allen who is all hope at this point and Edmunds (who I really like though) was not smart.  This is more about my hatred for Allen then the trade up for Edmunds.  Think Jackson at 22 would have been smarter.  Edmunds at 12 and Jackson at 22 would have made way more sense IMO.

PIT - Reached.

SF - Late first grade on a top 10 pick.  Reached a bit for need IMO.

NO - Like Davenport but gave up too much

SEA - Way bigger needs IMO then a RB even though I like Penny.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I think the Patriots won a lot. Everyone expected them to go defense but by that point they would have been reaching. Filled a huge need with great value on the offensive line and got the 2nd best RB in the draft for a team that hasn’t had a true premier back since Corey Dillon. Offensively they just bolstered an elite passing game with stronger protection and a run attack.

Fumbling issues for a BB RB are not a good combination.  Liked the Wynn pick disliked the Michel pick.  

Winners:

Jets: Darnold was head and shoulders the best pro prospect at QB in this draft
Denver: Chubb was my #2 player in the draft, getting him at 5 and not trading down was the right call
Bears: Roquan is the truth, he's going to be next in a long line of great LB in the windy city
Packers: Picked up a 1st next year and got the 2nd best CB in the draft
Lions: Ragnow Lothbrok is an instant starter and difference maker in the interior line
Falcons: Ridley is stupid good value at 26.  Combine hurt him, his tape is top 10 in this draft

Losers:

Saints: Giving up a 1st next year on a guy I thought was a fringe 1st rd pick
Browns: I liked the Ward pick, but I'm not a Mayfield believer.  The freelancing he did in college won't work in the NFL
Steelers: Could have gone S with their rd 2 pick without much of a drop off, if any

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Out of all the linemen going earlier than they should've and questionable trade-ups, your one of two "losers" is LVE at #19?  More power to your opinion, but that wavelength you operate on differs from mine a bit.

That is fair.  I shouldn't say it's a fail just because I didn't have the prospect ranked that high.  Just think he'll be an average LB, and there were some prime defensive players still on the board at the time...

When the Browns took Baker, I was cursing at my TV because I couldn't believe the Giants were able to get Darnold..... then they draft a RB lol. You have a QB with one year left, no post-Eli plan, and your O-line can't run-block worth a damn! And you draft a RB at #2?

Major, major gaffe by the Giants.

I wasn't a fan of the Seahawks taking Penny. I like him, but the Seahawks do have a lot of holes to fill. I thought Hernandez would have been a good pick there, or a CB.

Didn't like the Saints trading up for such a raw prospect in Davenport. He could be good, but it seems like a steep price to pay.

Wasn't a fan of Pittsburgh taking Edmunds, but watch him turn out to be a really good player at the next level.

9 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

When the Browns took Baker, I was cursing at my TV because I couldn't believe the Giants were able to get Darnold..... then they draft a RB lol. You have a QB with one year left, no post-Eli plan, and your O-line can't run-block worth a damn! And you draft a RB at #2?

Major, major gaffe by the Giants.

Maybe, but Barkley is, as Gettlman put it, gonna wear a gold jacket one day. I love Darnold, but the kid is special and now you have to defend him, ODB and Engram

38 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yup, exactly what they needed after Lewis and Solder left. That roster is now restocked and ready to go, but they have even more picks sadly for the rest of the league. 

48 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

He was reported last week as the #2 consensus back fwiw. He also lead the nation in missed tackles forced. I find this idea strange he does nothing great. Initial burst also excellent. Pure playmaking stud IMO. 

i heard sony also has a Bone on Bone condition ala Jay Ajayi

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/4/25/17283572/sony-michel-knee-bone-injury-georgia-running-back-eagles-first-round-teams-nfl-draft-2018-rumors

Archived