Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Biggest loser - Every starting QB who has to play the AFCW and Jaguars this season. Yikes. 

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FIFY.

If Dee Ford's back is healthy, it's a tough task to face the AFCW.  Bosa-Ingram and those CB's.   Chubb-Von, although our CB's took a hit.   Ford-Jones in KC, losing Peters does make it a little easier (Fuller does help mitigate it).  

I do think OAK spending the pick on Kolton Miller was a tough one, because Miller will need to most time to adapt, but I get the reasoning.  Playing in our division is not friendly to a T-poor squad.  As we found out last year.

FIFY. dont be Sleeping on Sacksonville and that Dline just got more depth so even fresher. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Agree with this. I'm a niners fan and I had been adamantly speaking out against this pick for 3 days now. That being said, I thought that there were enough WTH picks after this one that I couldn't actually include them on a loser list of just the top 3 lol. So I guess that's a positive spin on this for me while I drink away the tears lol

Trent Brown is lazy and on his way out.  I think it was a solid pick imo

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

FIFY. dont be Sleeping on Sacksonville and that Dline just got more depth so even fresher. 

Well, that goes without saying. I was just grouping by division.  

JAX and LAC got stronger this draft.   NE's O did, but nothing for their D.  PIT either picked the wrong Edmunds brother (I know, other one already taken) or the wrong S (Reid for what they needed) - although getting a 3rd for 1 year of Bryant really helps them restock.    To me, this only helps JAX & LAC rise to the cream of the AFC crop.  NE and PIT will have their say no doubt, but man, well done given where you guys drafted from.

1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

Not to bring up the Fins again, but they stopped thinking QB as soon as Mayfield was picked. That was the guy they really liked. After that it was all smoke and mirrors and they were going to get James, Fitz, or Edmunds. The draft ended up perfect for them since they could choose between the 3. That is thanks to SF picking a lineman and the Raiders trading down. I was worried all those guys would be taken and Miami would have to take someone they weren't crazy about. 

Thats basically how all niners fans feel, except the opposite lol most of the guys we wanted were taken and no one wanted to trade up with us, so we took a guy that the fanbase is lukewarm on. 

Anyone else question the Falcons pick? Ridley IMO is a little overrated but even if you like him, was WR a big need for them? I know they lost Gabriel but Sanu and Julio seem good enough to take a similar WR a little later.  I thought they needed interior line help. 

3 hours ago, Lilseb93 said:

I'd rather have a stud defensive player than a QB. The Dolphins never wanted a QB. It was a smokescreen. Fitzpatrick fits perfectly next to Jones. We can finally guard TEs. Fitz is a complete stud. 

Seriously.  Ryan Tannehill is coming back, so that's a huge upgrade over last season.  Minkah Fitzpatrick is the best DB in the draft, IMO and the Dolphins got him at #11.  That's winning.

Winners:

Arizona got their QB by giving up very little when they were labeled the team most likely to miss out on their QBOTF.

LAC got the steal of the first round

Losers:

Oakland..... yeah

New Orleans. I like the pick. Just not how much they gave up for it. 

The Browns. I wish Mayfield the best, but that place has eaten QB's alive. And that pick at 4 was....gross.

Baltimore. I'm going to go against the grain a little here. I feel like Hurst wasn't a 1st round type of player. I also feel like they had needs elsewhere to address. They then traded 2 seconds and a 4th to move back up into the first to select Lamar Jackson. I'm personally not a believer in him so sure I may be a bit biased. But my main issue is I don't think they had to move back into the first to take him. I don't think the Giants were going to select him at 34. All Baltimore needed to do would have been to move up over who? Miami? I just don't think it was necessary to move up that high to take him, and if he doesn't pan out, you wasted a first and 2 second rounders and you don't pick again until the 3rd. It helps a little that they do still have 2 3rds and 2 4ths to play with, but dang. It just doesn't strike me as a huge bargain in the grand scheme. 

They moved up for Jackson to get the 5th year option. Also they were fearful someone else would trade up and get him. 

Whenit comes to QBs, if you have a guy you like, go get him and worry about the cost later. 

Winners:

Chargers - filled a need and got a great player

Bucs - collected picks and got a player to help their defensive front

Cardinals - got their QBOTF

Losers:

Raiders - they reached

Saints - gave up too much

Browns - not a fan of Baker

Steelers - they reached

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I love what both Indianapolis and Atlanta did. Could've used defenders, but at the end of the day went BPA and took players that positively impact the QB. Ridley's athletic testing was a little concerning, but I trust the tape. He's going to be excellent paired with Julio. 

I love what Indy did...let Roquan slide right to us ?.

I don't love Hayden Hurst (I'd rather have Goedert), but I love that Baltimore got Lamar Jackson. He's going to be special if he can stay healthy. 

I think think the Browns had a draft simply for overdrafting players. If they wanted Mayfield and Ward they could've moved back to get them.

Green Bay may not necessarily be winners right now, but they probably will be in next year's 1st round.On paper they are winners, but in reality it's hard to tell until they actually spend that extra first round pick. I suppose I was too critical of their GM at the time of the trade though. I didn't like it initially, but he set them up well for next season.

Can't complain with what we did. I was kinda bummed we passed on James after we traded back. But we've put an emphasis on getting better on the dline this offseason. Vea is the fifth new addition to the NFL's worst pass rush from last year.

Getting 2.21 and 2.24 is pretty awesome. Makes giving up a third for JPP no big deal. We're in the perfect position to grab a RB, guard, and either a CB or a safety. And we still have the ammunition to trade up into the third if we so desire.

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wouldn't be happy as a Seahawks fan.  They reached for a guy who is a great runner, but really is one dimensional and won't be on the field in passing situations.

Huh?  Penny is one of if not the best receiving back in the draft.

Archived