BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

19 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

On the real though, do I present my rebranding in this thread, or do I PM some sort of committee, or...?

as long as it's not ridiculously bad or in the wrong location (geographical wise), it is pretty much a guaranteed approval

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What he'd do?

Well I've been the Camden Hoodrats since I took the team over, then he and his co-owner at the time went back and forth forever about names and came up with the Compton Black Panthers. So it was basically a west coast rip off of my team. 

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 1:52 PM, WFLukic said:

Also, another point to raise for owner meetings:

Team Suspensions do not count for a player's availability. Only NFL wide suspensions. 

For example the DRC, Peters & Fournette team suspensions would not count. 

Cushing (drugs), Elliott (making goodell look stupid) would however still count. 

On 02/01/2018 at 5:23 PM, Hockey5djh said:

Another off season thing. Not that it means to drastically much in our armchair GM game but I think that home field advantage should also happen in the second round for the higher seeds. Not sure why its just done away with considering it happens IRL as well.

On 28/12/2017 at 6:47 PM, TedLavie said:

I would actually push for games ending Wednesday nights and waivers happening at noon on Thursdays tbh

Propositions to include in owners meeting

+ Extend waivers until week 17 (Lukic proposal)

49 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So what exactly / how exactly does the Owner's Meeting go? Is this where I argue for my compensation?

We bring up a topic, discuss it and vote on it. 

30 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So legit question. With Compton still not having an owner is retraction a real thing? if so how would it work out?

I think it should be a real discussion at this point. It happened a few years ago. The teams rosters would be put into the FA pool. I'd rather not do it, but it's worth bringing up. *contraction, btw.

Edited by Jlash

On 1/28/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jlash said:

I'd disagree, strongly.  At this point, you're the owner in name only. Hockey does the heavy lifting. You're non-existent during the hardest part of the year aside from critique, so if we're to lose 1 of the 2 of you, losing Hockey would be the harder hit at this point. 

You are acting like this is a surprise. I was pretty clear before the year what the roadmap was (IE for this year I needed help, and would likely be fine afterwards). That's still the case.

And while I understand that going near absentee for a bit isn't ideal, I would like to think the fact that I was pretty clear with it going in and my track record for 4 years of running this team would earn some trust in terms of sticking around.

3 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

You are acting like this is a surprise. I was pretty clear before the year what the roadmap was (IE for this year I needed help, and would likely be fine afterwards). That's still the case.

I'm not acting surprised, I'm saying your road map isn't going to work. Having you ride a co-owner all year to have us lose them at years end, and have you searching for another person to do all the work just doesn't make sense at this point. Might as well let a dedicated participant do the job.

3 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

And while I understand that going near absentee for a bit isn't ideal

A bit? It's the whole year. Hell, it took you almost 2 days to respond to this and the heat of the football season is over. Each year we get an owner that's just too busy to continue doing this anymore. Most recently it was rolf and he stepped away rather than be an absentee owner. Sometimes life is too busy for this stuff. 

I know I'm not alone in advocating for Hockey to run your team if it suits him, so if you'd like to show up at some point during the owners meetings we can vote on it.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I'm not acting surprised, I'm saying your road map isn't going to work. Having you ride a co-owner all year to have us lose them at years end, and have you searching for another person to do all the work just doesn't make sense at this point. Might as well let a dedicated participant do the job.

A bit? It's the whole year. Hell, it took you almost 2 days to respond to this and the heat of the football season is over. Each year we get an owner that's just too busy to continue doing this anymore. Most recently it was rolf and he stepped away rather than be an absentee owner. Sometimes life is too busy for this stuff. 

I know I'm not alone in advocating for Hockey to run your team if it suits him, so if you'd like to show up at some point during the owners meetings we can vote on it.

Why would we lose them at that point? Most of the time we would likely have a vacancy they could slide right into. If you think it's a bad plan that is fine, but I can be a dedicated participant again if that is what it comes down to.

And I was around as needed throughout the whole year, in terms of trades and such. You should know from the whole Mike Evans thing.

28 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

And I was around as needed throughout the whole year, in terms of trades and such. You should know from the whole Mike Evans thing.

Exactly. I could've gotten that done in half the time if I was just dealing with Hockey. 

I'm just telling you it's best for all parties involved if Hockey runs the team. He's not going to run Compton, so whatever farm system your pretending to have been cultivating isn't happening.