2019 Draft Talk

swede700

41 minutes ago, swede700 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/report-giants-will-explore-a-trade-for-josh-rosen/

Certainly not a surprise, but it would interesting to see if they'd give up their #6 or #17 pick this year or a 1st next year for it. 

I'd be surprised if either pick was in play but it depends on how many teams are involved in talks with the Cards.

7 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I saw on the Vikings app a video where Curtis Conway said that Andy Isabella would be a good fit for the Vikings at 18...

He can't be serious right? 

Conway, the former Bears receiver?  Then, of course, he can't be serious.  Most indications are that Isabella is a 2nd-3rd round receiver at best.  I got Isabella for the Vikings in a mock yesterday in the 3rd rd.  

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I really loved to see those numbers from him, but he went from someone who could have fallen to the Vikings, but with those numbers, he's probably now back into the top 10.

Being honest, I didn’t understand the fall all along. 

Entering last year he was a top 5 player. This past year he was asked to switch a position that really didn’t make a ton of sense for him other than eating up double and triple teams. His production went down. He’s so disruptive. I still think he goes at the very bottom end to the Lions.

At a time when a future Hall of Fame tight end has walked away, there’s one in this year’s draft who will walk in with high expectations. Via Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Iowa tight end Noah Fant is going to be a busy man for the next month.

He has 10 pre-draft visits set, and seven of the visits or workouts are with teams picking in the Top 10 in the NFL Draft. Fant caught 39 passes for 519 and seven touchdowns this season, and his athleticism is going to make him a potentially immediate offensive threat.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/iowa-tight-end-noah-fant-getting-lots-of-top-10-interest/

Ive seen mocks/rumors showing the Vikings going edge @18, but i just dont see it. Rick & co have done a great job over the years of taking edge rushers in the mid-late rounds that turn out to produce nicely. Aruna is still a guy that could develop next year if he recovers from his ACL. But i do think they will take one somewhere in the mid rounds. So IMO i think its safe to say that DE wont be the first pick unless its crazy good value. I also dont think TE will be the pick at # 18, regardless of who is there. Unless they trade Rudy during or before the draft, that could change things. I think this is like the year we needed a WR and we almost knew MIN was going WR, then they selected Treadwell. Its similar in the sense that most of us think its going to be OL, because of the huge need. And there's likely to be a OL of good value there @ # 18. So at this point im pretty convinced its OL, UNLESS there are numerous guys gone (Jonah WIlliams, Dillard, Taylor, Ford). Plus can Rick really afford to not go OL at 18 and risk a huge un-anticipated run on OL after that? I mean you could even make the argument that Risner or Bradbury would be good picks at 18. That plus i dont see alot of holes on this roster to where you could make a strong argument on passing on OL. I could be wrong but i think 100% the pick will be OL or a trade down then OL. 

For me, the only guys id pass on OL for are Bosa, Allen, Q.Williams, Oliver, Sweat, Gary or K.Murray. Dont get me wrong though, i love the top 3 TE prospects but i wouldnt take them over a top OL. I realize that BPA going into this is the right mentality. But like i said unless the main guys are gone, you could argue that they still went BPA and it just happened to be OL. 

As far as the whole Ed Oliver slipping to us, aint happening. Id take him gladly if he slipped though. 

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

Conway, the former Bears receiver?  Then, of course, he can't be serious.  Most indications are that Isabella is a 2nd-3rd round receiver at best.  I got Isabella for the Vikings in a mock yesterday in the 3rd rd.  

Yeah no it was just more one of those shocked that this is an actually take reaction. NFL network does this a lot with random ex NFL players who throw together mock drafts that are just beyond ridiculous. 

On 3/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, gopherwrestler said:

Being honest, I didn’t understand the fall all along. 

Entering last year he was a top 5 player. This past year he was asked to switch a position that really didn’t make a ton of sense for him other than eating up double and triple teams. His production went down. He’s so disruptive. I still think he goes at the very bottom end to the Lions.

Part of it is prospect fatigue, and part of it is fit.  You're obviously not going to run Oliver out at nose tackle, or at least you shouldn't.  But how many teams have a 3T in place?  And he's already a questionable fit in run defense, so most 3-4 teams are going to ask their DL to be able to sustain a bit more blocks.  Oliver has a knack for losing gap responsibility at times looking for that interior pass rush.

Archived