2019 Draft Talk

swede700

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It would be nice if we could find a replacement for Latavius Murray.  He's a good guy, but for what we're paying him, I don't think he should be all that tough to replace.

And to be fair, after taking a pay cut last year, I think they are more than willing to let him play his contract out. 

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Mike Boone

Yeah, I thought about him, but it's strange that he hasn't seen more action.  It's strange that he hasn't gotten some of the snaps we gave to Latavius this season because he can probably do most of what Latavius can do.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, I thought about him, but it's strange that he hasn't seen more action.  It's strange that he hasn't gotten some of the snaps we gave to Latavius this season because he can probably do most of what Latavius can do.

Trust factor, they trust Latavius more. He really never had fumble problems. Boone can have that issue. 

Now Abdullah is getting on because of special teams and experience, as well as a better 3rd down back to give Cook a breather if needed on 3rd down. 

I guess I’m not 100% on it either but maybe Latavius is a better run blocker also? I haven’t seen enough of Boone in the NFL to know. But it’s obvious they trust Murray for than Boone. 

43 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Trust factor, they trust Latavius more. He really never had fumble problems. Boone can have that issue. 

Now Abdullah is getting on because of special teams and experience, as well as a better 3rd down back to give Cook a breather if needed on 3rd down. 

I guess I’m not 100% on it either but maybe Latavius is a better run blocker also? I haven’t seen enough of Boone in the NFL to know. But it’s obvious they trust Murray for than Boone. 

Murray's contract reconstruction made this his final year, right?  Looking ahead, it would be nice to see them use Boone to decide whether to retain Murray or not.

Draft wise, a later round option may be Cook's old teammate Jacques Patrick.  He's very similar to Murray. 

16 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Replacing Murray should be easy...it's easy to replace RBs, especially someone like Murray

What you don’t replace is experience and leadership. It’s been said how much of a motivational guy he is in that locker room from keeping people from getting down. 

Just because you aren’t a loud and outspoken one you see on the cameras doesn’t mean you can’t be inspiring. 

22 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

How about this mock?  This is assuming they let Barr walk and resign Richardson.  Traded our first for high picks in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (ARI): Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Benzschawel, Beau, OG, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20: Jelks, Jalen, DE/OLB, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Ghaifan, Youhanna, DT, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 20: Smith, Rodney, RB, Minnesota 

I would hate this draft. Its not that you don't have prospects that I like but you start off with letting Barr walk and dont replace him with anyone.(Jelks is strictly a DE IMO)  I don't believe Wilson replaces what Barr brings to the table so IMO you've created a HUGE hole in our already way too thin LB corps.  

On top of that you said you're resigning Richardson and yet youre drafting another DT when we already have good depth after resigning Richardson. 

I think we should seriously consider taking a WR in rounds 3 or 4. Treadwell is just about done here, Aldrick Robinson should be re-signed but he's a very limited player from what I've seen of him over the years, and while I want Chad Beebe to be something, I think we should make him compete for a job next season.

Who would be a good fit, assuming Stefanski is the man at OC?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we should seriously consider taking a WR in rounds 3 or 4. Treadwell is just about done here, Aldrick Robinson should be re-signed but he's a very limited player from what I've seen of him over the years, and while I want Chad Beebe to be something, I think we should make him compete for a job next season.

Who would be a good fit, assuming Stefanski is the man at OC?

Whoever that player is needs to be able to play on the boundary. The offense is at its best with Thielen in the slot. I'd prefer a deep threat to keep the Safeties honest.

Made a bet with a friend tonight. He thinks regardless if Murray decides to choose Baseball over football this spring, he will be drafted in the first round. I wagered that unless he fully committed to football he wouldn't be drafted in the first round. What are yalls thoughts?

5 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Made a bet with a friend tonight. He thinks regardless if Murray decides to choose Baseball over football this spring, he will be drafted in the first round. I wagered that unless he fully committed to football he wouldn't be drafted in the first round. What are yalls thoughts?

I don't think he goes in the first round unless a team is convinced he'll play football, and only football. Based on the Rookie scale, there won't be surprised about what he's going to get paid. 

I just don't see a team spending that pick on him unless he guarantees them that his focus is football. You can't wait for him if he decides not to sign.  I think you only get his rights for a year anyway. 

Archived