Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

In the great words of Principal Richard "****" Vernon: "This is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night." 

It’s just OTAs but is it telling that Michael Clark isn’t in the top 3? I’m not surprised at Yancey as I expect him to make a jump this offseason. But Clark isn’t at least in the top 3?

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I know you're being facetious here but Rodgers has gone on record before saying that practice is when goes for the throws he wouldn't in a game. He wants to find his limits and the limits of his receivers

yeah, he needs to simulate what mere mortal qbs would throw like to get the rookies ready

15 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s just OTAs but is it telling that Michael Clark isn’t in the top 3? I’m not surprised at Yancey as I expect him to make a jump this offseason. But Clark isn’t at least in the top 3?

I never really read anything into OTAs including players who "stand out" and all that crap. That being said, from day 1, I've had Michael Clark near the bottom of our WR depth chart. I just think he's a tall guy who really doesn't know how to play WR. I don't expect him to make this team, especially when we draft 3 guys, 2 who are basically his clones in shorts, but probably better football players. 

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I never really read anything into OTAs including players who "stand out" and all that crap. That being said, from day 1, I've had Michael Clark near the bottom of our WR depth chart. I just think he's a tall guy who really doesn't know how to play WR. I don't expect him to make this team, especially when we draft 3 guys, 2 who are basically his clones in shorts, but probably better football players. 

and much faster and polished as well...

51 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Absolutely. It's why guys like Watt and Donald are more valuable than Miller, Mack, etc. If you can kill the QBs pocket, everything falls apart. 

That's not a cut and dry argument IMO. I'm still probably taking Mack/Miller over those 2.

26 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

It would be hard to take anyone but Aaron Donald for me. Mack is a close 2nd though

Miller is the only one of the four who basically single-handedly won a Super Bowl for his team. Guy is an all-time great EDGE.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:
2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Absolutely. It's why guys like Watt and Donald are more valuable than Miller, Mack, etc. If you can kill the QBs pocket, everything falls apart. 

That's not a cut and dry argument IMO. I'm still probably taking Mack/Miller over those 2.

tbh I would take prime Watt over prime Von, and Donald right now over Mack

Sounds like someone in GB is pleased by the new GM's "different" approach to roster building:

"Mike McCarthy wasn’t about to trash Ted Thompson ... for much of McCarthy’s tenure, adding a veteran player in May or June was almost unheard of ...

But it was clear Thursday that McCarthy, as he enters his 13th season as the Green Bay Packers’ coach, appreciates new general manager Brian Gutekunst’s willingness to augment the team’s roster with veteran players such as tight end Marcedes Lewis and offensive lineman Byron Bell, both of whom were signed in time for this week’s second week of organized team activity practices."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/once-reliant-on-youngsters-new-approach-gives-packers-experienced-options/article_5efd063d-29b2-5ecf-88ee-9c874819de42.html

Archived