Eagles cut Kendricks (officially signs with Cleveland)

49erurtaza

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet

Sources: The #Browns are signing free agent LB Mychal Kendricks to a 1-year deal, bolstering their linebacking group late in the offseason. Along with Jamie Collins and Christian Kirksey, it could be one of the most talented in football.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

Definitely an interesting signing to say the least.. Didn't see much of a need for him with Collins, Kirksey and Schobert, who was a pro bowler last season. Although Kirksey and Collins did have somewhat disappointing years last season, they have proven to be good LBs. Wonder if Kendricks starts or is a backup. 

16 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Anybody know what this is about?

Kendricks’ agent came out and said a deal hasn’t been made yet, nor has a final decision on his destination. I imagine that, plus some past vitriol, explains the tweet. 

To everyone else according to Mychal’s agent, nothing has been done or decided on yet.

EDIT: If the Browns leaked this to Crapaport, they become king of the “the deal has to be finalized to count” kingdom, right?

Edited by Yin-Yang

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kendricks’ agent came out and said a deal hasn’t been made yet, nor has a final decision on his destination. I imagine that, plus some past vitriol, explains the tweet. 

To everyone else according to Mychal’s agent, nothing has been done or decided on yet.

EDIT: If the Browns leaked this to Crapaport, they become king of the “the deal has to be finalized to count” kingdom, right?

Well this is annoying -_-

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Well this is annoying -_-

FWIW, he did say the Browns were the favorite and negotaitations are ongoing. I imagine he and his agent are just trying to get some more cash. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Anybody know what this is about?

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The ghost of Sashi Brown strikes again.

(On a serious note Brown must be laughing his *** off at this one) 

Edited by Broncofan

Not sure why Cleveland would be interested in Kendricks.  I would have to assume it would be to replace Christian Kirksey, but I've been seeing Browns fans rave about him for the last two years. 

Edit: Also Kirksey is signed to a four year 38 million dollar deal so...... where is Kendricks playing again?  SAM?  I mean, Joe Schobert just made the pro bowl. 

Edited by Crickett

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

FWIW, he did say the Browns were the favorite and negotaitations are ongoing. I imagine he and his agent are just trying to get some more cash. 

Sounds more like an agent who is trying to talk him into signing in Cleveland, but a player who doesn't want to go.