DeMarco Murray announced his retirement

flyguy1609

The dropoff from 2016 to 2017 was huge, and Henry looked so much better there he had to know his time was closing. At least he ended it rather gracefully, rather than far too late like Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice did.

I know Manning won a ring, but that was more in spite of him being there, not because he was Payton Manning.

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

I could totally see him un-retiring once someone gets hurt. That's kinda how this works...

Yep. He was on the NFLN yesterday breaking down the best RB's in the NFL and talking about taking his time/trying to find the best fit. Less then 24 hrs later he's retiring?

He's hoping to be the RB version of Jay Cutler. No doubt.

He definitely had a few years left in him, sad to see him go. Hardly surprising, though considering how bad he was last year. 

This seems to be the trend now with growing concussion concerns. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

He was so bad last year, but I'm still appreciative of what he brought to the table his first year in Tennessee. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him jump back in if a starting back goes down, but he's made plenty of money, should walk away before all of the nagging injuries that have plagued him turn into something that affect him post-football.

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Come on, let's be real here. If the consensus doesn't think Gore will get in then why would Murray??? He is not a HOFer IMO. 

FF rule #47, from the bylaws: 

"Any time am above average player of over five years retires, the news forum must engage in at least 1.5 pages of Hall of Fame debate"

Archived