I'm Having a Baby!! Advice?

14 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I am a father of two boys, 5 &7. As much as I love them, looking back now I feel like I should've just stayed kidless. Why do we have kids? Because society says that's what you do after marriage? I fell into that line of thinking and feel like I'd be better off without kids. Obviously I don't have a delorean to travel back in time with and start over. I am the best dad I can be, I do all kinds of things with my boys and try to teach them everything I can along the way. I'm just saying, don't have kids unless you really really want them.

I like the honesty.

22 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I am a father of two boys, 5 &7. As much as I love them, looking back now I feel like I should've just stayed kidless. Why do we have kids? Because society says that's what you do after marriage? I fell into that line of thinking and feel like I'd be better off without kids. Obviously I don't have a delorean to travel back in time with and start over. I am the best dad I can be, I do all kinds of things with my boys and try to teach them everything I can along the way. I'm just saying, don't have kids unless you really really want them.

Damn man, ish got real....

Seriously though, that’s something you’re not alone on, lots of people probably would have been better off not having kids. Personally, I think I’m better for and life’s better because of it, but I could easily see how others wouldn’t.

Good on you for the honesty.

• Like 1

I'm the 5th kid from my parents. I think they are nuts. Like wtf were they thinking. My 2 oldest sisters have kids.

Long story short, I would like to retire early, live where there aren't any seasons besides pool season, and not cosign for student loans.

Kids aren't for me. I'm completely content with being the favorite uncle.

• Like 3

I totally get the whole society thinks you should have them thing. Tbh I only want 1, my wife wanted 3 and we've settled on 2 but even now she makes it sound like she just wants 1. She said she doesnt want the kid to be lonely or not have someone to play with...and i'm like thats why we have a dog lol

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm the 5th kid from my parents. I think they are nuts. Like wtf were they thinking. My 2 oldest sisters have kids.

Long story short, I would like to retire early, live where there aren't any seasons besides pool season, and not cosign for student loans.

Kids aren't for me. I'm completely content with being the favorite uncle.

That was my old life. I was the cool uncle. Now I'm the dad with no life??? well, I have a life but it revolves around my kids.

22 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I totally get the whole society thinks you should have them thing. Tbh I only want 1, my wife wanted 3 and we've settled on 2 but even now she makes it sound like she just wants 1. She said she doesnt want the kid to be lonely or not have someone to play with...and i'm like thats why we have a dog lol

That's what school is for. If not, there's always boarding school.

Here's a somewhat non-baby related question and moreso the process...

So i told my boss at work already just so in case my wife is having a breakdown, he knows and he let's me leave to take care of it especially since with her Mom in a bad way she doesnt have someone to fall back on that she always thought she'd have. 

When do you start telling other people? Like most family and some friends know but my wife is very worried about the 1st trimester since her Mom had a miscarriage before having her so she doesnt want everyone to know. We have been somewhat methodical in telling people because we dont want it to snowball and have EVERYONE know before it is too soon. Obviously i told you guys as mostly a way of keeping me informed and sane but what is the timeframe where it is okay to tell everyone or at least stop denying it

On 8/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Damn man, ish got real....

Seriously though, that’s something you’re not alone on, lots of people probably would have been better off not having kids. Personally, I think I’m better for and life’s better because of it, but I could easily see how others wouldn’t.

Good on you for the honesty.

It's painfully apparent when people regret it too. Parents either talk about their kids incessantly or almost never, and the former used to annoy me until I realized that's just a side-effect of being an involved, loving parent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Here's a somewhat non-baby related question and moreso the process...

So i told my boss at work already just so in case my wife is having a breakdown, he knows and he let's me leave to take care of it especially since with her Mom in a bad way she doesnt have someone to fall back on that she always thought she'd have. 

When do you start telling other people? Like most family and some friends know but my wife is very worried about the 1st trimester since her Mom had a miscarriage before having her so she doesnt want everyone to know. We have been somewhat methodical in telling people because we dont want it to snowball and have EVERYONE know before it is too soon. Obviously i told you guys as mostly a way of keeping me informed and sane but what is the timeframe where it is okay to tell everyone or at least stop denying it

In the non-family, also not a parent group who hears last, I generally hear at about 3-4 months. I had a co-worker who waited until 7 months (seriously) to tell people. No timeline bothers me. It is 0% my business, so confidently say "**** off" to anybody who wants to know on their schedule.