Everything Pokemon Thread!

Gonna start play through #2. Maybe going grass starter this time. Not sure what team to use.

Final team for 1st play through ended up being: 

Quackuaval

Salamence 

Abomasnow

Umbreon

Ceruledge

Tinkaton 

Edited by chiefs82

Anyone down to help me complete my dex? I need just a dex trade for a miraidon (trade/trade back), and I need a trade/trade back of my slowpoke to get a slowking, and I need someone to join me in the union circle to evolve my finizen and get a palafin. Those are the last 3 I need. I can catch some scarlet exclusive paradox pokemon in exchange, if you'd like.

On 12/14/2022 at 12:56 PM, minutemancl said:

Anyone down to help me complete my dex? I need just a dex trade for a miraidon (trade/trade back), and I need a trade/trade back of my slowpoke to get a slowking, and I need someone to join me in the union circle to evolve my finizen and get a palafin. Those are the last 3 I need. I can catch some scarlet exclusive paradox pokemon in exchange, if you'd like.

Haven’t caught Miraidon but I can help with the others.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Ash and Pikachu are retiring from the anine.

Man, I was there for the very first episode. Even though I felt their story should have ended AGES ago, hard to believe they will no longer be the faces of the franchise.

They were still the faces of the franchise? Wow. I thought that was long over. 

I still remember watching Pokemon all the time, between the years ‘99 to ‘01 (I think). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How would you guys rate the quality of game if you have finished it? And how many hours did you put into it? 

I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10.  Obviously, it's not a perfect game by any means.  There's still parts that are rather glitchy, but it doesn't appear to be as bad as it was before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 6:18 PM, BayRaider said:

How would you guys rate the quality of game if you have finished it? And how many hours did you put into it? 

I think it's an 8.5/10. I'm at about 40 hours so far - just doing some of the postgame stuff and trying to catch all of the Pokemon. Some of them are rather tedious to catch/evolve...I think I have about 50 to go. Not quite sure if I'll get all of them or just the ones that I really want.

Overall it's a very fun, but flawed game. 

What does everyone prefer between this and Arceus? 

I think I actually liked Arceus a little bit more - believe it or not, it actually felt a bit more polished. 

• Like 1

Decided to actually do research on movesets and items, not the most balanced team but I like how it's shaping up.

Annihilape is destryoing everyone with Leftovers, Bulk Up, Drain Punch and Rage Punch.

Skeledirge Torch Song, Sing, Shadow Ball? I forgot the Ghost move

Baxcalibur Dragon Dance, Glaive Rush, Icicle Crash, Earthquake

Ceruledge Assault Vest, Bitter Blade, Swords Dance, Ghost attack

then I have

Kingambit for Supreme Overlord, Retaliate, Iron Head, Kowtow Cleave

Houndstone Leftovers

Kingambit and Houndstone get attack boosts for every fallen.  Even if I revive a guy who faints again they get a bigger boost.  So when I'm down and out, they can clean up.  Only negative is speed with Kingambit.