Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

If it takes more draft capital than a 1st round pick I'd be shocked.

Prepare to be shocked. Its not just about what Mack is actually worth, its about what any 1 of 30 franchises will throw at him - and we know some of these teams aren't run by Mensa's. It's also about saving face for the Raiders with their fans. Lots to consider here both in terms of compensation and in terms of optics.

104303328-56a104ad5f9b58eba4b6b132.jpg

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Prepare to be shocked. Its not just about what Mack is actually worth, its about what any 1 of 30 franchises will throw at him - and we know some of these teams aren't run by Mensa's. It's also about saving face for the Raiders with their fans. Lots to consider here both in terms of compensation and in terms of optics.

I don't see it. 

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Mack wants to be a Green Bay Packer.  He wants to win back to back to back super bowls.  

So, Fack for Mack.  Back the Pack with Mack (and cheese) and get back to back to back?

Hate to see Fack go, but oh well.........

26 minutes ago, snackattack said:

I bet it will be more than a first, but I've never bought that it will take two firsts.  A first and a third feels like the max to me.

3 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Jared Allen did go for a 1, 3 and a 3.  I would expect something similar as well.

It will really depend on the team proposing the trade. If the team is projected to finish bottom half a 1st and 3rd may be enough but two late 20’s 1sts for the Packers May be what it takes. 

5 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Jared Allen did go for a 1, 3 and a 3.  I would expect something similar as well.

The earlier of the GB 1st in 2019, 2019 3rd and 2020 3rd would be a fine price to pay picks wise.  Then it would come down to the contract

OverTheCap weighs in with their thoughts and options to get Mack... back in Black

https://overthecap.com/thoughts-on-khalil-macks-contract-situation

"Mack is a devastating player. He is a three time pro bowler, two time all pro, 5th overall pick and has had 36.5 sacks in the last three years.  His best comparison would be Von Miller who signed a $19.083 million contract in 2016.  Adjusted for inflation that contract is worth $21.8 million in 2018, which should be the number that Mack looks for on a new contract."

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

I think Allen was less talented and had DUIs, and there was the possibility of him being supension possiblity we're there.

Gute preparing us for the inevitable...Mack to the Pack.

https://amp.packersnews.com/amp/1122519002?__twitter_impression=true 

He can’t talk publicly about Mack, because that would violate NFL rules on tampering with another team’s player. But when asked if the Packers can afford to have the highest-paid quarterback in the league as well as one of if not the highest-paid defensive player in the league, Gutekunst suggested they could.

“When you’re talking about unique players, there’s only so many of them out there,” he said. “At the same time, the financial challenges may be difficult, but without players you can’t win. It’s like any significant player, they’re not inexpensive, but you have to have them to win.”

On 2018-08-27 at 2:46 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are advantages to both. I'd much rather block Clay/Perry/Daniels/Clark than Clay/Perry/Peppers/Datone.

True AG I guess my caveat was for larger pass rushers. Give me Adams and Mo wil over running out 6 lbs like the nitro package did. Tough to battle a big online with small linebackers. I’m looking forward to seeing it in action in a meaningful game.

i sure miss Peppers Though hates letting him walk. I wonder if Gute would have kept him. 11 sacks last year on 50% of D plays. 

From PackersNews

Das Gute Q&A

...when asked if the Packers can afford to have the highest-paid quarterback in the league as well as one of if not the highest-paid defensive player in the league, Gutekunst suggested they could.

“When you’re talking about unique players, there’s only so many of them out there,” he said. “At the same time, the financial challenges may be difficult, but without players you can’t win. It’s like any significant player, they’re not inexpensive, but you have to have them to win.”

Archived