Undrafted Rookies that are making noise

VanS

Every year there are a lot of undrafted rookies that make teams.  Sometimes they even have a huge impact during the season.  Last year Jaguars undrafted rookie WR Keelan Cole, not only made the team, but led the Jaguars with 748 receiving yards (which was good for second most among all rookie WRs). 

Which undrafted rookies are currently making noise on your team?  I'm not a Chargers fan, but I have been following undrafted rookie CB Brandon Facyson because he's a guy who I thought was extremely underrated going into the draft.  I've been happy to hear he's been performing well at training camp and he also played really well in his  first preseason game (grabbing an INT).  Also looks like he graded out well on PFF.  

Very good chance Brandon Facyson makes the Chargers team this year and plays a lot given the injuries they've sustained in the secondary. 

Nobody for the 49ers this year. Last year we had a pretty nice UDFA haul with a few making the roster (and another that probably would have had he not gotten injred). This year the only notable UDFA is Tarvarus McFadden and he's been kind of quiet throughout TC / Preseason thus far (did make an INT one practice). Seems destined for PS, so not much noise there. Steve Dunbar may also get his chance as a FA on the PS.  

Roc Thomas looked good in his preseason debut. Could be a nice receiving threat as RB3. Mike Boone is another rookie RB who's also in the mix and has had a good camp.

On defense, CB Holton Hill has been getting a lot of praise. He's a safe bet to make the roster as the final CB on a stacked secondary.

For the Raiders:

• Eddy Piniero, Kicker. Already beat out last years starter Giorgio Tavecchio and is poised to be our Kicker for a long time. The Punter we drafted Townsend was his college team mate and will be holding for him as well. Good to keep that chemistry going.
  • Chris Warren III, RB/FB. Came in camp off a tryout and has stuck since. He is massive at around 250 lbs but runs too high. He showed well in camp and ran for 86 yards on 13 carries. I don't know if he will make the final 53 with Lynch, Martin and Richard as probable makers, and Deandre Washington on the bubble.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For the Raiders:

• Eddy Piniero, Kicker. Already beat out last years starter Giorgio Tavecchio and is poised to be our Kicker for a long time. The Punter we drafted Townsend was his college team mate and will be holding for him as well. Good to keep that chemistry going.
  • Chris Warren III, RB/FB. Came in camp off a tryout and has stuck since. He is massive at around 250 lbs but runs too high. He showed well in camp and ran for 86 yards on 13 carries. I don't know if he will make the final 53 with Lynch, Martin and Richard as probable makers, and Deandre Washington on the bubble.

RB Shaun Wilson has some serious speed and has impressed enough to fight as our potential return man. He's shown off his speed as a gunner on punts. And he's got good hands and some wiggle after the catch. He put a Titans LB on his butt today in our joint practice.

Dude's got a legit shot to make the team as our fourth RB, return man, and backup third down RB.

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

JC Jackson is the front runner for a CB spot in NE, I’d say. He’s competing with Keion Crossen, Ryan Lewis, and probably Cyrus Jones for a roster spot.

He has been practicing as a gunner on ST too. Probably last corner to make it due to his coverage on D and ST together. I'd be shocked if Keion Crossen is waived.

Another UDFA making noise is Ralph Webb, RB. Fullback Henry Poggi is also doing some good lead blocking for the Pats and is generally more athletic/coordinated than current FB James Develin.

Lastly, edge defender Keionta Davis was signed as an UDFA last August and put on IR before the regular season. Davis is showing a lot lately in practice and had a decent forst preseason game.

5 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm not a Chargers fan, but I have been following undrafted rookie CB Brandon Facyson because he's a guy who I thought was extremely underrated going into the draft.  I've been happy to hear he's been performing well at training camp and he also played really well in his  first preseason game (grabbing an INT).  Also looks like he graded out well on PFF. 

I'm still trying to figure out why he wasn't worth at least a 6th/7th flyer. My personal grade on him was a late 3rd/early 4th. I remember he had some pretty big hype at one point too. 

Archived