Colin Kaepernick

DingoLadd

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree with this, and disagree at the same time. I don't think that he was a good quarterback, of course. Throwing the football, understanding the intricacies of the passing game...certainly not strong points. But I think that he proved that he could be effective.

You mentioned this earlier and its a good take imo; he was effective even though he did it in an unorthodox manner

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

SF was a stacked team and yet Kaepernick himself had a very respectable year...if he was just a flash in the pan who thrived because teams didn't have tape on him that 2013 season wouldn't have happened.

Kaepernick wasn't terrible in 2013, but there was an obvious regression.

22 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Regardless of how I feel about his views and the stuff surrounding it, I would take him on the Steelers if Ben went down.   He would give us a better chance of winning (well, not sure about now given how long he has been out) than anyone we currently have at QB.

But if he started his BS....I would get rid of him fast.    He is not good enough to overlook the baggage and distraction he brings....and thats why alot of teams wont sign him at all.

Dont sleep on Rudolph.  I think he is the Steelers future in a similar situation as Jimmy G was when NE drafted him.

I'm amazed this didn't snowball into something, I'm proud of this forum for that.

I think he's solid starting QB with the right system in place and a solid supporting cast, not a good backup because he's a guy you have to adjust your offense for quite a bit.

His down years are still pretty fine considering how awful those 49ers teams were, he always had inconsistencies (What young QB doesn't?) but he never evolved past "Above Average" 

Still that superbowl comeback (well almost) was a hell of a game.

As far as the topic - I really thought there was a possibility of Kaepernick in Houston following the Deshaun Watson injury, but that never materialized. This being said, Kaepernick wasn't going to take the 4-12 Texans and squeeze out ab extra win or two, there were a ton of issues outside of QB thar Kaep doesn't mask. 

People also forget that Kaep had shoulder surgery the off-season leading up to his release, so that arm strength we all saw could be diminished. 

30 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As far as the topic - I really thought there was a possibility of Kaepernick in Houston following the Deshaun Watson injury, but that never materialized. This being said, Kaepernick wasn't going to take the 4-12 Texans and squeeze out ab extra win or two, there were a ton of issues outside of QB thar Kaep doesn't mask. 

People also forget that Kaep had shoulder surgery the off-season leading up to his release, so that arm strength we all saw could be diminished. 

Not to drive this off-topic, but... really?  With Bob McNair as your owner?  Color me skeptical (and that's me forcing myself to be optimistic).

54 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Not to drive this off-topic, but... really?  With Bob McNair as your owner?  Color me skeptical (and that's me forcing myself to be optimistic).

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/04/25/bob-mcnair-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests-meeting-comments - Bob McNair basically saying "don't"

I feel like the best opportunity Kaepernick would've had the past 2 years would've been the browns simply because...it's the browns why not roll the dice. But they have "Tuh-Rod" and the no.1 pick who will surely burst into flames before 3 years is up and the somehow not fired Jackson didn't go that route as a desperate ploy to save his job. Or the packers because if anyone knows how good Kaepernick can be it would be them and Rodgers is injury prone.

Eh there really isn't a situation he'd fit in right now though so he's probably never going to play another down.

14 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/04/25/bob-mcnair-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests-meeting-comments - Bob McNair basically saying "don't"

I feel like the best opportunity Kaepernick would've had the past 2 years would've been the browns simply because...it's the browns why not roll the dice. But they have "Tuh-Rod" and the no.1 pick who will surely burst into flames before 3 years is up and the somehow not fired Jackson didn't go that route as a desperate ploy to save his job. Or the packers because if anyone knows how good Kaepernick can be it would be them and Rodgers is injury prone.

Eh there really isn't a situation he'd fit in right now though so he's probably never going to play another down.

Probably not. Not many players come back from being unemployed for a whole year (while healthy).

Kaepernick will be in the AAF or XFL. The guy should of went to the CFL.. I understand no one wants to live in Canada but if you really wanna try to get back in the NFL, showcase your talent in another league. Maybe he really wasn't that hungry and even Manziel has more of a football drive. 

42 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I also have a feeling as @ET80 pointed out his arm could be a noodle.  He also lost a lot of weight during that time supposedly too so maybe he just was never able to recover the athleticism and arm strength he had.

Yeah no. Andrew Luck had far worse shoulder issues and is fine(ish), if Colin Kaepernick had something physical holding him back from teams signing him they'd have been using that excuse for the past year or so.

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do we have any idea what his contract demands are? I bet he is more talented than several backups in the league(assuming he is in shape) but I wonder if $ coupled with the circus he brings(love it or hate it) will keep him away forever.

Anywhere from backup money(5+ Million?) to 20$ million a season. He'd probably play for whatever at this point if he really wanted to get back in the NFL assuming he got an offer.

Archived