Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 2/10/2022 at 4:52 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I wouldn't get too enamored with that idea. Von loves his money (nothing wrong with that). If we're unable to get near other offers, then I don't think he will be back.

We all know how much pass rushers get paid on the open market. Von has been electric the last few games; he's getting paidddddddd this Summer.

This is also a very deep draft with some potentially good pass rushers, 

On 3/3/2022 at 3:43 PM, AKRNA said:

Has anyone ever seen a picture of Hackett without that huge grin on his face?

I’ll be very interested in seeing how he interacts with referees and the players on game day. With Vic it just felt like he was mentally up in the box zeroing in on calling his defense, never bringing much of a presence to the sideline. VJ looked completely lost and befuddled every time the Broncos faced any adversity. Is Hackett going to be someone who rides the emotional highs and lows of a game? 

7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I’ll be very interested in seeing how he interacts with referees and the players on game day. With Vic it just felt like he was mentally up in the box zeroing in on calling his defense, never bringing much of a presence to the sideline. VJ looked completely lost and befuddled every time the Broncos faced any adversity. Is Hackett going to be someone who rides the emotional highs and lows of a game? 

I think your attitude is perfect for this season. We need lots of reality and patience this year. When we hired Vic he was really the only one on the staff that was in a new position. We had tons of experience with all the position coaches, coordinators in similar jobs.

This year is basically exactly the opposite. Many are close to NFL coaching rookies. One question I've got is how quick Hackett will pull the trigger on coaches that can't perform to NFL standards. It's a virtual certainty that some of these guys won't be able to do the job. Will he emulate Shanahan and Vic and support "his guys" or will he realize the deficiency and upgrade that position.

Anyway, there are tons of questions. We'll just have to see how they're answered.

On 2/10/2022 at 5:52 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I wouldn't get too enamored with that idea. Von loves his money (nothing wrong with that). If we're unable to get near other offers, then I don't think he will be back.

We all know how much pass rushers get paid on the open market. Von has been electric the last few games; he's getting paidddddddd this Summer.

Y’all better check Von’s IG stories

👀

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Does this seem weird?  Is there some trade-related reason they wouldn’t pick up his option quickly?  He’s underwhelming but <$7M for a player of his caliber should be a no-brainer, IMO

No point picking it up before the deadline. You never know who’s gonna get hurt paying pick-up basketball or slip in the shower