Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Yeh, I would definitely be there if we are playing again in London. There is no way it can be worse than losing to the Troy Smith 49ers .....

If it's at Spurs' new stadium there is an outside chance that I could get suite tickets for the game, as my sister is quite high up in the company that built it. 

Would be good to meet anyone else who does end up going

13 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I see our former pass rusher Shane Ray is working out for the Chiefs. He’s one of those ex broncos who flamed out after leaving Denver so it would be cool to see him get back into the league. 

I honestly thought we’d see him in the WWE (or ECW) before seeing him in the NFL again. 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I see our former pass rusher Shane Ray is working out for the Chiefs. He’s one of those ex broncos who flamed out after leaving Denver so it would be cool to see him get back into the league. 

He IS from that area, makes sense for a tryout

On 2/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, paul-mac said:

Von’s dominance on the other side gave Ray a season that should have gotten him paid big money, but between injuries + just poor play he completely flamed out after 2016. 

In hindsight of course, you pay Shaq early for cheap and it takes care of a need for years. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction.    Nothing says Texans current state of affairs more than this.    The only thing missing was a real dumpster on fire.  

I feel terrible for Lovie, good guy, lifelong coach, loved by his players, who is now mired in a horrible situation. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I feel terrible for Lovie, good guy, lifelong coach, loved by his players, who is now mired in a horrible situation. 

There’s zero chance Caserio & Easterby would have fired David Culley if they knew no legitimate HC candidate would take the offer.   When Mayo & McDaniel declined interviews the writing was on the wall.  I think Josh McCown will make HC material one day - but he had zero NFL assistant coach experience last year or this year.   Given the whole spotlight on HC hires in the NFL they couldn’t do it.  

All this because Caserio (and Easterby) actually have input on game day (Caserio is in constant communication live by headset in-game - back in the BB days they did that so Caserio could learn - but in Houston he’s actually controlling the decisions).   Not hard to see why no legit candidate wanted the job.   Lovie is a nice guy but he’s so overmatched in today’s game.  With Caserio on the headset it’s a total lame duck position.    At least the pay is great.   

• Like 1

Over under on us re-signing Von in the offseason? Dude’s making a lot of comments about how much he still loves Denver. Be hilarious if we rented him to the rams for a handful of picks just to pick him back up next year 😆. I’m sure it would all depend on the price.