Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

20 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Over under on us re-signing Von in the offseason? Dude’s making a lot of comments about how much he still loves Denver. Be hilarious if we rented him to the rams for a handful of picks just to pick him back up next year 😆. I’m sure it would all depend on the price. 

He knows Aaron is coming here. Might sign for cheap to get 2nd/3rd ring. I hear Von didn’t sell his house in Parker. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't get too enamored with that idea. Von loves his money (nothing wrong with that). If we're unable to get near other offers, then I don't think he will be back.

We all know how much pass rushers get paid on the open market. Von has been electric the last few games; he's getting paidddddddd this Summer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I wouldn't get too enamored with that idea. Von loves his money (nothing wrong with that). If we're unable to get near other offers, then I don't think he will be back.

We all know how much pass rushers get paid on the open market. Von has been electric the last few games; he's getting paidddddddd this Summer.

Von clearly takes it to another level in the playoffs, and if the Broncos got out and get Rogers where you probably have a great shot at getting to the playoffs, then maybe it all makes sense?? 

Really pisses me off that Ware got snubbed from being a first ballot HOFer. I know he'll get in eventually, but it's the principle of the matter. 9 pro bowls. 4 first team all pro nods. 138.5 career sacks. 35 forced fumbles. From 2006-2012 he was as dangerous of a pass rusher as any that's ever played. It's nonsense.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 1234567 said:

Really pisses me off that Ware got snubbed from being a first ballot HOFer. I know he'll get in eventually, but it's the principle of the matter. 9 pro bowls. 4 first team all pro nods. 138.5 career sacks. 35 forced fumbles. From 2006-2012 he was as dangerous of a pass rusher as any that's ever played. It's nonsense.

He got the Bronco jinx.  If he has spent his entire career with the Cowboys, he'd be headlining this year's class.

• Like 2

Did you see McDaniels hired Mike Lombardi's son as OC? Honestly, the nepotism in the NFL is just insane.

I used to listen to Lombardi's podcast. He TRASHES Coach after Coach after Coach with an insane amount of expletives. Listen - I've no problem with it. But when McDaniels pulled that crap in Indy, he was a stuttering mess.

"Oh, well, Josh has clearly made a mistake, he's going to have to face the storm now". Compare that with the way he speaks about Brandon Staley for going for it on 4th downs ..... 

"Where is the nepotism?" you might ask. Lombardi has known Belichick for 30 years from working together in the Browns. Lombardi worships Belichick. It's actually a bit weird how much he goes on about him. Lombardi actually wrote a book about him (who writes a book about their friend's professional accomplishments?)

052557381X.jpg

Lombardi has waxed lyrical about McDaniels for years as a result of his Belichick relationship. Even after the Denver mess. Even after the Indy mess. So colour me STUNNED when I saw that McDaniels, the ultimate Belichick love child, hired Lombardi's son.

Hilarious.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Did you see McDaniels hired Mike Lombardi's son as OC? Honestly, the nepotism in the NFL is just insane.

I used to listen to Lombardi's podcast. He TRASHES Coach after Coach after Coach with an insane amount of expletives. Listen - I've no problem with it. But when McDaniels pulled that crap in Indy, he was a stuttering mess.

"Oh, well, Josh has clearly made a mistake, he's going to have to face the storm now". Compare that with the way he speaks about Brandon Staley for going for it on 4th downs ..... 

"Where is the nepotism?" you might ask. Lombardi has known Belichick for 30 years from working together in the Browns. Lombardi worships Belichick. It's actually a bit weird how much he goes on about him. Lombardi actually wrote a book about him (who writes a book about their friend's professional accomplishments?)

052557381X.jpg

Lombardi has waxed lyrical about McDaniels for years as a result of his Belichick relationship. Even after the Denver mess. Even after the Indy mess. So colour me STUNNED when I saw that McDaniels, the ultimate Belichick love child, hired Lombardi's son.

Hilarious.

I saw that. It’s disgusting and Michael Lombardi is a total POS. Mac bring his son is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east. I cannot wait to see the Raiders, a dysfunctional organization even before Mac arrived, just spiral down the drain.

I do feel bad for Derek Carr, however, who is a genuinely good dude. That’s said, I’m sure Mac will trade (and scapegoat) him within a year. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I saw that. It’s disgusting and Michael Lombardi is a total POS. Mac bring his son is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east. I cannot wait to see the Raiders, a dysfunctional organization even before Mac arrived, just spiral down the drain.

I do feel bad for Derek Carr, however, who is a genuinely good dude. That’s said, I’m sure Mac will trade (and scapegoat) him within a year. 

People who think that the Browns-Ravens would have kept winning if Belichick stayed after 95 don't realize that his (and Lombardi's) departures were the best thing that happened. Ozzie Newsome was free to run the draft his way, and the organization went on to be successful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’m a huge sucker for guys who retire with a bag ($37M in career earnings), a ring, and their health (and the recognition of a pro bowl certainly doesn’t hurt). Congrats to Ali Marpet on a 99th percentile career.

set for life with 37 mill and retires at 28 impressive.