Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Crazy to think; heading into week 10, the 49ers had a worse record than we did. Now they’re less than a quarter away from the Super Bowl. Tale of two seasons. 

On the bright side, thanks to Burrow I don’t have to see Mahomes’ stupid *** girlfriend screeching all over my tv for a few months. Seriously, I legit hate that team. I’d be happy they lost if it didn’t equate to a long offseason of beating their children and slapping their girlfriends around. 

• Like 4

Just now, 1234567 said:

Crazy to think; heading into week 10, the 49ers had a worse record than we did. Now they’re less than a quarter away from the Super Bowl. Tale of two seasons. 

On the bright side, thanks to Burrow I don’t have to see Mahomes’ stupid *** girlfriend screeching all over my tv for a few months. Seriously, I legit hate that team. I’d be happy they lost if it didn’t equate to a long offseason of beating their children and slapping their girlfriends around. 

Shall we take bets on which of their players is the first to get arrested this off-season?

I’ll guess Mecole Hardman on March 2nd. 

• Like 1

Kelce definitely got hurt in that 2nd half. I think it was the play early in the 3rd where it came off his hands. He wasn't moving well at all for the rest of the half and it showed. 

Really happy for the Bengals. I (along with most of the world) thought that was going to be a 30 point massacre through the first quarter and a half.

• Like 4

So with the difference between LAR draft pick capital essentially nil at this point, I should finally be able to cheer for Von! Get another ring, my guy!

But especially after seeing Niners fans invade Sofi, can I really cheer for the happiness of LA football fans over the fans in Cincy (and St. Louis)?? I don’t think I can.

As much as I love Von, and the balls-out-to-win-a-championship mindset of the LAR organization, go Bengals.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is the first Super Bowl I’ve had zero emotional investment in since…probably 2010? Of course rooting against the Pats and Chiefs accounts for most of that but still. 

Only other one was the Pats/Seahawks one for me because I genuinely hated both of those teams. 

This one is different. I really like this Bengals team and I also really want Von to get a ring. It’s a win-win for me. 

Edited by paul-mac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Only other one was the Pats/Seahawks one for me because I genuinely hated both of those teams. 

This one is different. I really like this Bengals team and I also really want Von to get a ring. It’s a win-win for me. 

It will be nice to sit back, have some beers, lick the slime off the back of some toad, and enjoy the game. Bengals fan deserve a SB win. Stafford is easy to root for. Von, of course is the reason I am leaning Rams, and for future DC Ejiro (let's bring in coaches who have won Championships, why not?)

I haven’t had a chance to chime in on Mac’s hiring with the Raiders. 

Those idiots Brandon Stokely and Zach Bye on The Fan just called it a bad day for Broncos Country but they wouldn’t take my call so F—- them. 

As we all know, there are worse coaches  than Mac; from an Xs and Os perspective (on offense) he’s passable. Even his in-game management was at worst average. 

He even touched on it in his presser yesterday when he was saying things like how he’s grown with his people skills and he knows what kind of culture he wants to build. 

This is also a guy who took down pictures of Elway, TD, Gradishar, Mecklenburg, et al from the walls at Dove Valley and replaced them with pictures of the New England castoffs he signed in free agency and the busts on whom he wasted draft picks.

This is a guy who told beat writers/reporters that if they wanted access they had to give favorable coverage. He tried to revoke the credentials of critics like Woody Paige, Ron Zapollo, Les Shapiro and Sandy Clough - four deans of Denver sports media - for refusing to kiss his ring. 

This is a guy who verbally abused his assistant coaches, except for his brother whom he hired to be the QBs coach, and the players that weren’t his signings/picks or played in NE. This divided the locker room and sent Mike Nolan, Bobby Turner and others running for the exits. 

This is a guy who, just like we saw from Mangini, Crennel, Patricia, etc., signed every single New England free agent he could get his hands on. Remember Jarvis Green, Laurence Maroney, Cornell Buckhalter, Lonnie Paxton, Jabar Gaffney, Chevis Jackson and the rest? 

This is a guy who hired the disgraced New England film crew and had them do exactly the same thing here that disgraced them in the first place. 

This is a guy who, for all the seasons he has coached a team (here 2009-10, Rams 2011, Pats 2020-21), where Tom Brady was not his QB, has amassed a 30-48 record and is 0-1 in the playoffs as a coach/coordinator. 

He hired a yes-man and his college best friend to be his GM. He has one of the worst owners in pro sports. He is in a division where he will have six games against teams QB’d by Maholmes, Herbert and Rodgers. He will have Jared Stidham as his QB after he trades Derek Carr. 

I personally love seeing the Raiders make this move as it assures the AFCW will be a 3-team race for the next 2-3 years. 

I would be shocked if Mac lasted more than 3 years in Vegas. I would put the over/under on how many games he coaches before he (and Ziegler) are fired at 44. 

• Like 2

Uh oh, we’re getting sued! Flores is suing us because apparently Elway showed up hungover to his HC interview in 2019, and thus never took Flores seriously as a candidate. Elway was only satisfying the Rooney Rule and was never going to hire him, a Black man. 

I wonder who Flores was interviewing to replace?

• Like 1