Mychal Kendricks Charged with Insider Trading; Released by Browns; Signed by Seahawks

ramssuperbowl99

25 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Reminder: Let's keep this about football. How will the Browns make up for the loss of Kendricks? How will the legal and PR ramifications affect Mychal's ability to find another NFL team, and when?

I currently see a lot of people just posting gifs in this thread and the discussion seems to be swinging towards discussing the crime itself, which is forbidden on these forums. Just a friendly warning... thanks guys.

This shouldn’t hinder him from finding a team when he comes out. If a NFL team won’t sign him over this, it be pretty stupid. Yeah he be a fellow but it’s not like he killed, rape, or assaulted someone to become that felon 

Just now, dtait93 said:

Do we know how much time he is facing?

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/cleveland_browns_abruptly_repl.html

David Weinstein, a South Florida criminal defense attorney and former state prosecutor, told CBSSports.com on Wednesday that Kendricks could serve something like 8-12 months in prison. Using a calculation involving federal sentencing guidelines, he estimates that Kendricks will receive an advisory sentence of something like two to five years in jail time but that "the judge should go down from that sentence" for a number of reasons -- either thanks to a split sentence, a mutual sentence agreement, house arrest, community service requirements or a combination of them.

Sounds like the best and most likely scenario is 8-12 months. Assuming the court process takes forever like it usually does it could mean he'd be behind bars during the 2019 season. Which is obviously not good for his career outlook. Very few players sit out two years and come back.

The Browns do have decent LBs with Schobert (Pro Bowl), Collins (make or break this year but he's solid when healthy), and Kirksey (very good, multi year contract last year), and drafted Genard Avery who has shown potential.

Where they will miss Kendricks is his versatility at both inside/outside spots and as a situational pass rusher, which every NFL team needs unless they have an unreal Front 4/crazy Nascar package.

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

but how do you even get caught for this crime?

I think getting ratted out is a big way it happens, suspicious movement of stocks/money raise a red flag.

It takes a little bit to figure it out for sure in some cases.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Reminder: Let's keep this about football. How will the Browns make up for the loss of Kendricks? How will the legal and PR ramifications affect Mychal's ability to find another NFL team, and when?

I currently see a lot of people just posting gifs in this thread and the discussion seems to be swinging towards discussing the crime itself, which is forbidden on these forums. Just a friendly warning... thanks guys.

I think that if he can show he's still capable of playing football at a pro level that he won't have a hard time finding a team after his release, though the contract will likely be closer to vet min than a 20+ Mil multi-year deal.  Mike Vick who had a much more controversial and poor PR conviction still found multiple teams to take a chance on him due to his ability to still play football at a high level, including arguably his best season ever with the Eagles his 2nd year back in the league.

55 minutes ago, Raves said:

Mike Vick who had a much more controversial and poor PR conviction still found multiple teams to take a chance on him due to his ability to still play football at a high level, including arguably his best season ever with the Eagles his 2nd year back in the league.

This is true, but Vick was a human highlight reel where Kendricks is just a football player. He's got some talent and is useful to a team, but his skillset isn't too hard to find.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:50 AM, MWil23 said:

When you turn $80K into $1.2 million in profits and have a friend in the game, that tends to raise red flags and launch investigations.

It's the 'friend' part that's usually the problem and the snitch. I've taken 800 into 50,000 overnight. TTNP in 2009. Moved that 50K into WAMUQ and it hit 280K in March 2010 but I held too long and now have NONE OF IT! LOL Basically could have bought a house in Cali Northbay back then with just 1000 and a year and a half. Timing is everything.

Best thing about market corrections is the discounts you can find. KOG was .15 but I flipped it .40 ran to 15 on buyout. Was when nobody knew what 'fracking' was. 

Can't stand today's highs when it's really just a few stocks that are indexed being bought. Many others are in a bear market like Ford. Options are a fun way to play but a 'friend' would easily get someone locked up with how much those move on insider news...

On 8/31/2018 at 3:39 PM, Calvert28 said:

So hes Gordon Gekko. I'd still sign him so long as he doesn't go to prison. 

Damn, your avatar sig is frightening/unsettling. Just trying to get some light reading in before bed and there’s that freaky clown ? 

oh, in the spirit of keeping the discussion about football, and not creepy clowns, I would welcome Kendrick’s to team up with Kendrick’s in Minnesota.

Archived