What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I keep seeing people bitching about their refunds, but nothing about what they actually paid

I see the same thing and when I ask about the taxes they paid in 2017 vs 2018 all I get is crickets. Shows how naive people can be. If taxes are raised and the government took more out per paycheck than what the raise was, I bet most people would be ecstatic getting a big refund. They wouldn’t even realize that they actually paid more in taxes. You really have to look at the entire picture.

Im self employed and don’t pay anything in throughout the year so its about to get ugly lol. I just finished getting all my receipts in order to take to my tax guy. I’m really curious to see how it goes. I know I won’t owe as much as last year just because of some major expenses I had this year that I can write off. I should still get a good idea how the new tax reform is going to effect me though.

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Answered the phone. And soon as I hit the button, a group of people were singing Happy Birthday to me.

I threw it on speaker real quick and the kids were laughing their heads off. Felt bad telling them after that they had the wrong number.

When I first got my phone number almost 15 years ago, it was a recycled number and twice a year I would get automated messages from Geoffrey the Giraffe at Toys'R'Us wishing me a happy birthday. 

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Answered the phone. And soon as I hit the button, a group of people were singing Happy Birthday to me.

I threw it on speaker real quick and the kids were laughing their heads off. Felt bad telling them after that they had the wrong number.

How funny did they think it was when they realized they called a random person?

On 2/26/2019 at 8:25 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My total taxes owed on my 2017 year income would be about the same. 

My taxes owed to Federal went from a refund of $100 in 2017 to owing them $7000+ in 2018. Even my CPA doesn't know what the hell happened and she's one of the best reviewed in the area lol.

Why taxes so crazy? :(

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

My taxes owed to Federal went from a refund of $100 in 2017 to owing them $7000+ in 2018. Even my CPA doesn't know what the hell happened and she's one of the best reviewed in the area lol.

Why taxes so crazy? :(

do you live in a state with high state and local taxes?