What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

driving by the bikini barista coffee shop near my house is surprisingly dangerous. not many eyes on the road. 

edit: also considering buying my wife a gift card there as a gag gift. but need to know if it's a great idea or the greatest idea.

Edited by Dome

Anyone have any experience with renting an Airbnb?

I've submitted a request for a place in Chicago and the host never responded after 24 hours so it was cancelled automatically.
I re-submitted the request and sent him a message. Is that normal for the host to not respond? lol

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I've submitted a request for a place in Chicago and the host never responded after 24 hours so it was cancelled automatically.
I re-submitted the request and sent him a message. Is that normal for the host to not respond? lol

No that's not normal.  Each time i've done it i've gotten almost immediate replies (within an hour or two).

I'd probably cancel it and look for a different one.  If he's that unresponsive to this request, imagine how bad he'll be when you get there and can't find the key to get in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

No that's not normal.  Each time i've done it i've gotten almost immediate replies (within an hour or two).

I'd probably cancel it and look for a different one.  If he's that unresponsive to this request, imagine how bad he'll be when you get there and can't find the key to get in.

He actually JUST got back to me. Not sure what the deal was but he took the deposit 🤷‍♂️

Generally, you have a good experience.  If you try to get too cheap though, expect bad things.

My first time renting an Airbnb, it turned out to be a DC project that was mostly covered in piss.  That was an interesting night.

• Like 1

He actually JUST got back to me. Not sure what the deal was but he took the deposit 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure that the guy being readily willing to take your money is an indication either way on the quality of the Airbnb. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m not sure that the guy being readily willing to take your money is an indication either way on the quality of the Airbnb. 

I mean, he's a Superhost or whatever and the reviews are all 4+ Stars.

Am I missing any other bases? I was more or less asking about the time it took to hear back from them. 

Edited by Fl0nkerton