What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

45 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I missed all the food talk but the strangest food I've had was foie gras. Some relatives were hosting a French exchange student and she brought some from home since her family is in the business. I didn't like it much though and making it is pretty unethical.

Ya i ordered it without knowing what it was and it was awful. My wife had an amazing seafood soup and i had that crap. 

55 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I didn't like it much though and making it is pretty unethical.

Yeah I can't get on board for that. Same with veal. Won't do it. I've got no problem killing young animals to get a certain quality of the meat, and I've got no problem overfeeding animals to create a higher fat content. But tying animals down so they can't develop muscles or putting a feeding tube down their throats isn't something I personally want to have on my conscience.

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah I can't get on board for that. Same with veal. Won't do it. I've got no problem killing young animals to get a certain quality of the meat, and I've got no problem overfeeding animals to create a higher fat content. But tying animals down so they can't develop muscles or putting a feeding tube down their throats isn't something I personally want to have on my conscience.

This is my stance too, mostly because I don't like foie gras.

If it tasted better I could find a way to ease my conscience.

Kim Jong Un could be the man behind Nutella and I'm still gonna eat it.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 7:31 AM, domepatrol91 said:

I love me some chicken hearts. Never had deer heart. I'll try anything, deer heart could definitely be alright.

Everyone around here just has their game turned into sausage. Some of the hardcore guys do steaks but not for the most part. What do you do?

I haven't hunted in years. I was never super super into it but when I was in HS I kept a 20 gauge in my truck for blasting grouse on the way home

Bacon. Deer bacon is on point.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:18 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Quail is excellent.

My dads boss brought quail breasts stuffed with jalapeños and wrapped in bacon to a Christmas party. Amazing

Too many bones. I'm not a fan. It's way too much work to eat it.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Too many bones. I'm not a fan. It's way too much work to eat it.

Breasts are boneless. Cleaning them in the field to remove ribs is super easy, at least the way I saw it done looked pretty darn easy.

besides he did the work, not me. They were served as finger food with no bones. Excellent.

Whole quail with the the bones and everything would be a pain in the ***, you're right.