What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

The owner of my favorite pizza place in the world died in a car accident recently. He was a great guy, did a fundraiser a few years ago where he donated a large percent of his profits to a local 5 year old with leukemia. 

28 minutes ago, Tyty said:

The owner of my favorite pizza place in the world died in a car accident recently. He was a great guy, did a fundraiser a few years ago where he donated a large percent of his profits to a local 5 year old with leukemia. 

Sorry man, he sounds like a good dude. 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sorry man, he sounds like a good dude. 

Yeah he was good at what he did. I'm selfishly hoping his wife can somehow continue his business by herself since it was the two of them together. 

17 minutes ago, MathMan said:

never mind, NASCAR seems dumb still.

Going to a live event is actually pretty cool. A long time ago, a vendor took me to one and got me pit row passes - it was incredibly loud, and the burnt rubber and fuel left me with a headache, but it was pretty awesome.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All those turns to the left, what's not to like?

So I don't get that we - collectively on the site - don't care for NASCAR, but it's not like Formula 1 is huge on the site here either; It's all about the twists and turns on road courses.

IndyCar used to do circuit racing as well; They sectioned off parts of cities and hold a race (the Texaco Grand Prix was huge here for a while - all through downtown Houston). That was also cool to watch. Loud, smell would get you a contact high, but fun.

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So I don't get that we - collectively on the site - don't care for NASCAR, but it's not like Formula 1 is huge on the site here either; It's all about the twists and turns on road courses.

IndyCar used to do circuit racing as well; They sectioned off parts of cities and hold a race (the Texaco Grand Prix was huge here for a while - all through downtown Houston). That was also cool to watch. Loud, smell would get you a contact high, but fun.

I personally don't care for any form of racing except maybe the triple crown races and even those test my patience and attention span.

Some folks really love it though, no doubt. Different strokes and all that....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I personally don't care for any form of racing except maybe the triple crown races and even those test my patience and attention span.

Some folks really love it though, no doubt. Different strokes and all that....

Well, you need to get yourself a taste of THIS:

Lawnmower racing. Eff yeah, son.

One race I'll ALWAYS sit and watch:

The 100 M dash in the Olympics. Less than 10 seconds, perfect for my attention span, pure adrenaline and excitement, and the title of World's Fastest Man. Plus, most average Joe fans like me will look at Nascar and ignorantly say things like "Go fast, turn left". It's just not my thing. Very boring.

• Like 2

Military coup occurs in Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe is out of power and more thankfully his wife will not succeed him. their next door neighbor's leader Jacob zuma shows grave concern. Mostlikely cos he think, crap i hope that doesn't happen here. 

i long for the day when good governments will exist in Africa, whether democratic or other formations.