What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Ok here’s a situation where i need some advice.

I’m set to graduate with my BA in May... or so i thought. I have more than enough credits, but I just found out I’m missing ONE required GEN ED (gender in society, so there’s a few different classes to choose from.) but I’ve taken all of my major, and minor classes, and have an extra credit of two. I’m super frustrated that I’m just finding this out now and I’m wondering if there’s someway to get out of this. 

34 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m set to graduate with my BA in May... or so i thought. I have more than enough credits, but I just found out I’m missing ONE required GEN ED (gender in society, so there’s a few different classes to choose from.) but I’ve taken all of my major, and minor classes, and have an extra credit of two. I’m super frustrated that I’m just finding this out now and I’m wondering if there’s someway to get out of this. 

Look and see if your university has any CLEP or DANTES exams that meet the gen ed. They’re basically one time exams that are like ~$100 you take at a sight and the credit comes in as transfer credit. Most universities accept them it’s just about matching up the test with the gen ed. You also might need a waiver since you’re taking it so late. I highly recommend them if you can self study. I’ve gotten ~12 credits from them and my school is a pretty high level university but still accepts them. Other than that your best bet is probably a summer class. The odds of them waving it are pretty low as they don’t want a bunch of people to come in trying to wave things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't think there's even a single 7/11 in Minnesota. 

What the hell, where do you stop at 3am to get all alpha on a woman after she bites and punches you in an Uber!?

Get your act together, Minnesota.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Man your advisors did you dirty af not catching that. I've had 3 advisors due to changing my major around and each one of them went through my entire requirement list checking off what I had.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Man your advisors did you dirty af not catching that. I've had 3 advisors due to changing my major around and each one of them went through my entire requirement list checking off what I had.

My college requires you to apply for “colleges” in the college. So i was supposed to apply for the SW college before i could start my degree. But i was sent dates to come and have confrences and other meeting stuff for the college. So i go and thats when im informed that i didnt apply for the college, that i was told to meet with because i was in that college. When I informed my advisor that there must have been a miscommunication she informed me thay there was no miscommunication and i just failed to apply...didnt even say she miscommunicated or that it was her fault.  

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

I honestly don’t remember if i met with her last semester but i had her as a professor multiple times. I wouldn’t have just over looked it i swear i took the classes she told me to. Idk I’m kinda bummed out now

I'm always afraid of that little pin prick on my fingertip when having blood drawn. I don't know if it's my cold hands or nerves, but it takes forever for the blood to comeout and the person doing it always comments on it. I get worried that they're gonna have to poke me again. On the plus side, I competed all my "health activities" to earn all my free HSA moneys. 

Edited by skywindO2