What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I'm not a fan of baby or wedding registries. It's the 21st century these traditions were invented in the 19th century when people had very little.

Aside from cute outfits I wore as I child I'm not expecting anything from anyone for my baby.

Recently had someone who, with their partner, earns almost quadruple our combined salary asking for donations for £1,000+ rocking chairs and other items. 

Perhaps I'm just bitter.

Anyone know anything about bikes?

Is there any reason for me to get more than a Shimano Sora groupset if I'm not going to be commuting daily or competing? 

Right not I'm looking at the Nashbar Alloy Sora Cyclocross

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I'm not a fan of baby or wedding registries. It's the 21st century these traditions were invented in the 19th century when people had very little.

Aside from cute outfits I wore as I child I'm not expecting anything from anyone for my baby.

Recently had someone who, with their partner, earns almost quadruple our combined salary asking for donations for £1,000+ rocking chairs and other items. 

Perhaps I'm just bitter.

Same thing with Jack and Jills. I get invited to the jack and jill but not the wedding? F That

23 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-redding-stolen-show-dogs-20180606-story.html

I know we have quite a few members here from California...if you guys could share this story on social media or for those local keep an eye out, it'd be greatly appreciated. Reward for any information that leads to the recovery of the dogs is at $30,000 right now. 

@thelawoffices

help this man!

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Wow didn't realize you guys called it that. Had to Google that.

I don't know what 'it' is and I can assure you that no one calls 'it' that.

He probably made it up because Jack and Jill is a nursery rhyme and nothing else. 

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't know what 'it' is and I can assure you that no one calls 'it' that.

He probably made it up because Jack and Jill is a nursery rhyme and nothing else. 

Nah I googled it. Seems legit. Prefer "Stag" and "Hen" personally, but I digress

5 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Nah I googled it. Seems legit. Prefer "Stag" and "Hen" personally, but I digress

Stag and Hen went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.

That just doesn't sound right. You Brits are weird. 

Rolled my work/primary truck on the 1st. Today I got about 3 miles out of town and a rod just broke through the bottom of my engine on the old 93 Sierra I've had in reserve.

Didn't plan on going to a pick-n-pull this weekend, but glad I have a plan now. FML.

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Perhaps I'm just bitter.

I kind of get it for first kids.  The initial cost is pretty high, and most of the time the couple is in their early/mid twenties, not making a ton of money.  I will usually give pretty generously to those.

But it's a case by case basis.  I have no issues with being more or less generous based on the situation.

I take exception when i get invited to a diaper party, or my wife is invited to a baby shower, for a second kid.  Now they're just being greedy.  They might get the smallest pack of diapers i can find for that.  But sometimes they won't get anything.  I have two kids of my own, pal.

I would also somewhat of a problem with the situation you outlined.  Like a friend of mine who is a year or two younger than me, also an engineer, and his wife is a pharmacist.  They're talking about having kids already (getting married soon).  Between the two of them they make approximately three metric gobs of money and i'm sure will have a baby shower still.  So they can fill out their 3500 sqft house in the middle of expensive suburbia.  They'll get a token gift because he's my friend, but not a whole lot else.

• Like 1