2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I could see Gruden sign Ewuawa and Golden Tate as vets to help move the chains.. maybe trade a late pick for Kevin White to see if he can do something... going with Martin and Lynch on a one year deal maybe drafting a RB on day 3

Kevin White? He can’t even stand out in that offense. Dudes a bust, the Raiders need guys that can contribute. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Raiders traded a first for a guy like AJ Green. Call it a feeling i have. 

So I had Boston College vs Florida State circled today to see Brian Burns. He has been dominant so far this season but mostly against weaker schools. BC has one of the best lines in football and Burns had a sack and looked destructive. I’m very sold on him depending where we can land him. First pick of the 2nd Round absolutely. 

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Going to catch heat for this, but one of those first four picks, hopefully one of the last two, needs to be a receiver. We need someone to strike fear in a defense and I doubt any decent young free agent will want to sign with us.

You can't manufacture a player where there is none. From what I've seen, there isn't a guy you're describing in this class. I would like to sign Tyrell Williams this offseason, though.

I'm all for going all defense with the first four picks and this seems like a great draft to do that.

1) Bosa

2) Corner: Diggs, Baker, Williams

3) Edge: Burns, Jackson, Sweat, Allen

4) Linebacker or Defensive Tackle

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Going to catch heat for this, but one of those first four picks, hopefully one of the last two, needs to be a receiver. We need someone to strike fear in a defense and I doubt any decent young free agent will want to sign with us.

Weak WR class this year and this offense doesn't require elite WRs. Route running, good hands, and short area athleticism. All guys that can be found in the plenty in the 3rd-5th round area.

Sign John Brown and Tyrell Williams would be my preference. We have the money to give them both nice raises.

41 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Weak WR class this year and this offense doesn't require elite WRs. Route running, good hands, and short area athleticism. All guys that can be found in the plenty in the 3rd-5th round area.

Sign John Brown and Tyrell Williams would be my preference. We have the money to give them both nice raises.

This is not a weak WR class. Just because there isn't a Calvin Johnson type atop, doesn't make it weak. In fact, it's being looked at as the strongest in years. A lot of great WRs in this class, just no standout elite top 10 type.

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I’d say that 2nd has to be wr but depends on fa 

There will be 3-5 WRs with 1st round grades.  Depending on our big board I would love to see us grab one if one falls out of the 1st.  I do not think any are going to be worth a top fifteen pick.  All of them have perceived deficiencies in their game.  What we do in free agency I believe will not impact our need for a WR but will impact the type of WR we want to draft.  

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We need to go BPA and first 4 picks the BPA will probably be defense. 

BPA might be, but I thoroughly doubt it will be all defense. Expect at least 2 offensive players. And at this point, the offense is so generally putrid and devoid of talent than I can't really argue it. 

20 minutes ago, holyghost said:

BPA might be, but I thoroughly doubt it will be all defense. Expect at least 2 offensive players. And at this point, the offense is so generally putrid and devoid of talent than I can't really argue it. 

Why would you go need when we won’t be relevant next year anyways? You go BPA. If the first four BPA is defense then you go defense. And I think it will be. We can always load up on offense next years draft. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Why would you go need when we won’t be relevant next year anyways? You go BPA. If the first four BPA is defense then you go defense. And I think it will be. We can always load up on offense next years draft. 

We simply differ on what we're talking about. I am talking about what I think will happen, you're talking about what should happen. 

And this year, I don't think the "need vs. BPA" discussion is even relevant. Name a position where we don't have need other than center...

8 minutes ago, holyghost said:

We simply differ on what we're talking about. I am talking about what I think will happen, you're talking about what should happen. 

And this year, I don't think the "need vs. BPA" discussion is even relevant. Name a position where we don't have need other than center...

I’m just saying odds are all of our picks will be defense cause of BPA. It’s a defense heavy draft. Most mocks I see have like 25 defensive players going in the 1st Round. 

Archived