Regular Season is nearly here! What are your hopes/expectations?

PFM18

49ers 

Hope - that we can compete for a playoff spot. 

Expectations - While I envision a similar record to last year (6-10 or 7-9), I think the improvements on the roster will be evident. The defense makes some strides with Solomon Thomas getting better and Fred Warner being a legit NFL linebacker, but the lack of pass rush kills any chance of a good defense. Jimmy G is just fine as a starter, maybe a little up and down, but the offense as a whole is in the top half of the league and moves the ball well and keeps us competitive in most games. 

Chicago -

- expect: top 5 defense

- hope: top 10 offense (I believe in the 11-16 range will happen without Loggain's incompetence)

- expect: challenge for a wildcard spot (hell of a feat in this division - should come down ti week 15-17)

- expect: Trubisky to hit 4000 yards and a 2/1 TD/INT ratio (not sure if that will be 25/12, 20/10, etc since Nagy might rely on Howard/Cohen a lot in the redzone)

- hope: Fuller balls out as a true number one CB. Amos repeats last year's performance to show he is the stud SS for the next 8 years.

- hope: WR Milller and ILB SMith to both be in contention for ROY.

- I KNOW: People will still stupidly say the McCasky's are cheap

Hopes for the Vikings:

- 16-0 in the regular season
- Beat the Saints in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.
- Beat the Packers in the NFCCG
- Win the Super Bowl.

Expectations:

- 12-2 regular season record
- NFC North Champions
- 1 win in the playoffs
- Back to the drawing board with a better chance to win it all next year.
- I just don't see this team winning a Super Bowl with our current offensive line.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I expect you to be wrong.

I certainly could be, but we have a very good team.  People say we have a tough schedule, but we are more than capable of beating anyone we play this year.  Even though it is probably an optimistic prediction, I don't think it is extremely "homeristic". 

Archived