Regular Season is nearly here! What are your hopes/expectations?

PFM18

23 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers 

Hope - that we can compete for a playoff spot. 

Expectations - While I envision a similar record to last year (6-10 or 7-9), I think the improvements on the roster will be evident. The defense makes some strides with Solomon Thomas getting better and Fred Warner being a legit NFL linebacker, but the lack of pass rush kills any chance of a good defense. Jimmy G is just fine as a starter, maybe a little up and down, but the offense as a whole is in the top half of the league and moves the ball well and keeps us competitive in most games. 

No faith at all or just tempered expectations especially since McKinnon got hurt?

For the 49ers the hope and expectations for me are the playoffs, or at least competing for a playoff spot on the last week of the season. I expect the offense to be really really good, and in the top 10. Defensively, they should rank amongst the best in run defense, but lack of edge rushers will hurt the pass defense. I like our secondary, but the entire pass rush is predicated on the interior with Buckner/Thomas/Day/Armstead. 

I'm predicting 9-10 wins. 

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hopes for the Vikings:

- 16-0 in the regular season
- Beat the Saints in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.
- Beat the Packers in the NFCCG
- Win the Super Bowl.

Expectations:

- 12-2 regular season record
- NFC North Champions
- 1 win in the playoffs
- Back to the drawing board with a better chance to win it all next year.
- I just don't see this team winning a Super Bowl with our current offensive line.

Damn Vikings fans getting spoiled, having 3 bye weeks... lol

Hope:  

-Seahawks suck bad enough so their 2nd round pick we receive from the is high

-Texans make the playoffs and compete with the Jags for the division

-Watson takes the next step and prove last season SSS was not a fluke

-Texans defense can stay healthy

Expectation:

-10-6 and make the playoffs

With their overall roster talent, my expectation this year is for the Falcons to win the NFCS and get a playoff bye.  I also expect to see a continuation of the massive defensive improvement this team has displayed in the 3 years under DQ.  They were 8th last year so I'm hoping for top 5 in 2018.  I also expect more of a return to the 2016 offense this year with all the core of that offense still on the team and the addition of Ridley.  Ryan really needs to exploit the near limitless resource of weapons he has this year and I hope Freeman/Coleman continue to be the best running/receiving tandem of RBs in the league, especially since Coleman will probably be moving on after this season.

Anything less than 11-12 wins and a division title should be considered as a disappointment by Falcons fans.  They couldn't possibly be better set up to win than this year.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No faith at all or just tempered expectations especially since McKinnon got hurt?

Nope. I have never thought we were a playoff contender. McKinnon was a nice piece, but I have never been a fan of his running the football. 

To many problems to me. Particularly, the pass rush is a disaster

i'm not really sure what to expect from the titans this year. completely new coaching staff, new offensive system...who knows?

ideally, we'll build off of last year, win double digit games, and make the playoffs again. i think we have too much talent to be a really bad team, so i'd say our floor is probably something like 7-9 and our ceiling is maybe 11-5. but in a division that looks to be very competitive with a tough schedule, it's hard to say.

As far as my hope for an individual player is concerned, I hope Matt Ryan shuts up all his haters and has a similar season to 2016 this year.  I would love to see 5k yards, 9 YPA, 70% completions, 40 TD's and less than 10 INT's.  That would basically match his 2016 numbers and would probably put him in the top 2 or 3 for his second MVP.  I definitely think he can do it, but we really need to have better play calling this year than last, especially when we get scoring opportunities.  The only real difference between the Falcons offenses in 2016 and 2017 was scoring points.  They moved the ball just fine last year, had among the best drive success rates in the NFL, were very good with 1st downs and 3rd down efficiency, they just didn't score enough points.  I hope this year they can finish drives far better than they did last year and I also would like to see more aggressive downfield throws, with Ridley and Jones really stretching defenses (hopefully set up by successful running and play action).

I expect the Saints to at least be competitive in each game and finish anywhere between 7-9 to 10-6, but I could see a scenario where we miss the playoffs entirely.

I hope for a deep playoff run and a Superbowl win just like every other fan. 

Archived