Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, burlow said:

Daytime battle does not fit the script, old Nan's stories of the night that lasted 100 years.  The 'Night King' chooses his big fight during the day... This episode would have been a joke if it was during the day.

That's a fair point on the lore of it all. But the battle wouldn't have changed measurably in the day. Let's stop being stupid. At a minimum, they could have brightened up the battle a bit in certain spots. It's TV. I don't care if it was day or night. It was too damn dark at certain spots.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Killing the Night King would have always resolved the battle immediately. That was the endgame.

Yes, I've known that since reading the books in '08.  But the fact that he was killed so quickly/easily instead of drawing the fighting out over multiple episodes cheapens the overall story.  Cersei should not be the final villain.  

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

The darkness of the battle made it hard to follow. At minimum, they should have found a way to brighten it up in certain spots.

I can definitely understand the frustration. However, I think the confusion and “all hell breaking loose” fit the setting.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yes, I've known that since reading the books in '08.  But the fact that he was killed so quickly/easily instead of drawing the fighting out over multiple episodes cheapens the overall story.  Cersei should not be the final villain.  

Unless she’s the winner of the whole damn thing haha

I was waiting for Bran to do something besides follow the NK with crows, but he ended up just spying on the NK with crows, which did nothing to help in any sort of way. Also, it looked like the NK realized something about Bran before he was about to take him down, but got Arya'd.

• Like 1

Absolutely moronic and impossible to believe that ******* Sam would survive all that. Genuinely terrible writing on that. No reason he should’ve survived outside of the crypt. Also wish they would’ve killed most of the crypt. Really annoyed by all the safe characters, all the deaths today were almost entirely nobodies and still no one that had any level of importance whatsoever moving forward. Hate plot armor. That was the one good thing about this show above others is that you felt anyone could die at any point and here the only deaths were useless characters/characters that used their limited use. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Unless she’s the winner of the whole damn thing haha

Return of Jaqen H'gar on contract from the Iron Bank to kill Cersei because she was the Lannister that didn't settle her debts would be kind of poetic.

• Like 1