Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

That was one battle out of two. with 3 episodes left. what crazy plot are you guys expecting ? how can we kill everybody and have 3 more episodes?

With the whole Jon & Dany inevitable mess that’s coming, something about Tyrion and Sansa’s interactions is making me suspicious about where those 2 end up

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yea. Melisandre repeated the line she gave Arya then about all the eye colors. Mentioned a hard "Blue" at the end this time.

Yeah.....but that was lost on me. I remember generally when Gendry was taken....but not the specific dialog

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You know......when you track Ayra's character.....her temperament, all her multiple training.........and she's the one to take out the NK.

It's not TV....its HBO.
Damn good show.

Kind of nice twist that the war for the throne saved humanity.

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

That was one battle out of two. with 3 episodes left. what crazy plot are you guys expecting ? how can we kill everybody and have 3 more episodes?

I think we get 2 battles out of it. One with the GC, and then Lannister/Euron forces which Yara comes in with the Iron Islands.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Well the big talk right now is that this isnt actually the end of the Night King. Some people expect the Night King is a title like the 3 eyed raven- and there must always be one. Maybe Arya has to become the "new" night king? Or jon? Something like that

No, that's definitely the end of him.  They pulled the punch already on him by having Arya be the one to kill him, not Jon.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I'm honestly not seeing how this won't be worse then Dexter. I mean what will be the challenge to Arya and Bran? They are not just a Mary Sue and Gary Sue characters now. Bran alone might as well be Dr. Manhattan against the Minions from Despicable Me. There wshould be literally no heroes dying from this point on considering the power they have at their disposal now.

You have clearly never seen Kevin throw down

• Like 3

lol In the final battle against the White Walkers, no one fought a White Walker.......

with the exception of Arya at the end.

The show runners said it didn't feel right for Jon to deliver the final blow to the Night King, but it felt right for Arya to...

Arya had never interacted with the White Walkers, or even a regular white before. Jon literally had a stare down with the Night King, and has been entwined with the White Walker plot from Season 1.

The magic stuff has always been the least compelling part of the show for me, and this battle fell in line with that.

The show is at it's best when exploring human elements, so I'm happy this battle was a one and done. On to Cersei. Let's see just how far she's willing to go.

• Like 4

One of the things I loved most about this show were moving alliances.  Families almost always tended to stick together, but the human chess pieces made it fascinating.  

I'm hoping there are some epic backstabbing moments now that the nonhuman element is over.