Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Does she? I don't think the unsullied are really useful tool in defeating a city under siege. I think her crimes will be burning kings landing to the ground.

Yeah. She will have what she originally had. The unsullied, Dothraki and a Dragon going crazy. With the North and Vale there. GW became humanized with what Missandre expected out of him. I think hes needed to help fuel the fire thats going to need putting out.

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Sure we heard it told to Jon and Jon telling it to Dany.  But we didn’t get to hear him tell his family who would’ve actually had something to say back esp Sansa.  

Would have been nice moment to see them finally recognize that Honorable Daddy Ned was even more honorable.. and completely faithful to their mother, after all. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

These are always so perfect

I did think the pyres were unusually close to the gates.  Everything is going to be covered in cremated dust.  Altho I can’t imagine they’ll ever be able to get rid of the smell regardless of where.  

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

her being taken as a hostage made no sense and them killing her made no sense. Like shes a useless person at the side of Dany I don't think there was any strategic gain in her capture or death. 

If you kidnap her and hold her in the Red Keep, it makes Dany less likely to burn it down

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah the show took a downturn once they ran out of George RR Martins material. The directors are fantastic directors but absolutely terrible writers. To be fair, it’s more of George RR Martins fault for taking so long with the books. 

Still a solid show though. Just no where close to the first five seasons. 

Totally agree. 

Writing is so lazy now, and the story has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese. It rips me out of the episode when I see these gaping holes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

her being taken as a hostage made no sense and them killing her made no sense. Like shes a useless person at the side of Dany I don't think there was any strategic gain in her capture or death. 

She was taken as a hostage because Grey Worm told her to get off the ship, so presumably she was on a lifeboat off screen.

She was executed because Cersei's plan is to have Dany storm King's Landing and burn peasants alive so they rebel against her. She was discussing that with Qyburn/Euron in the episode.

14 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

When Tormund was taking about Jon and was bragging about Jon riding a dragon... Did anyone else find themselves thinking "umm Tormund... You rode a damn dragon last season..."

Big difference riding a dragon just being carried like Tormund was and controlling a dragon like you would a horse.  Jon bent Rhaegal to his will.

There's not really dialogue that is that important or difficult to follow anymore. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the interesting theories are going to play out. It's going to be a dissatisfying version of the expected plot line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Seems like a lot of people just hate-watch it to get mad about something and miss the important dialogue.

The dialogue is pretty bad now and extremely forced.. like the Tyrion/Varys convo. 

You can go on reddit where thousands think the writing/dialogue is awful this season but the acting is superb. 

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

There's not really dialogue that is that important or difficult to follow anymore.

This is by design. They were fighting an undead army and were certain they were all going to die. There's no point in being coy and speaking in riddles when zombies are eating your face off the next day.

"The Dead are here."
"Chaos is a ladder."

Crap like that would have people in here talking about how the writers are trying to hard and the dialogue doesn't fit the scene.

And even in the next episode - they are at the gates of King's Landing. It's happening.gif. There is zero time to slowly influence someone, you have to put the cards on the table because this is the moment that decides the realm. Of course Varys is going to approach that conversation differently than when he's planning a Targ invasion that's literally years away.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1