Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The book arc from ASOIAF?

Because this is the TV Show GoT. Nowhere in the show was it ever hinted that Jaime would do anything besides what he did. 

Yeah this take is just incorrect lol they absolutely ruined his show arc

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Don’t get me wrong, this season has been a letdown, but it’s just annoying to see people who are watching the show for no other reason than to complain. Are people too invested to just not watch or do they just want to be miserable?

Presumably they have invest seven years into a show and want to see it's end when you've come that far. That's more or less where I'm at, if there was another season after this I would not continue to watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

My only complaints were the way it ended Jaime's arc. That is series specific rather than episode. I also thought Arya coming out without any burns after being so close to dragon fire was a bit huh? I was expecting her to have scars similar to the Hound given after the whole "do you want to be like me conversation" Then she either goes through life like that or uses her powers to become someone else so she can live not as a Lady like she wants.

Is Arya alive? I took that as a death scene. Maybe not, GoT hasn't really done that except for Dany/Drogo in Season 2 because of the Warlock's magic, but it felt very weird that in a scenario that easily could have killed her she wakes up alone and then there is a horse and a straight line to these gates with a bright light coming out of it.

And yeah, Jaime being unable to finish off his redemption arc was marginally unsatisfying. They died in each other's arms, which was the one thing I was most adamant about. Is the point here that Jaime Lannister wasn't a good guy, but the Kingslayer, who died in the bathtub with Brienne was?

• Like 1

So...how much better would this season have been if the last two episodes had been first?  Like, imagine if we had seen all this stuff from Dany and then the survivors from this battle had to march North and navigate each other while the army of the dead was approaching.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I have zero problems with the mad queen story line and am actually glad it happened but I thought it was done poorly (and not just rushed). They should have had her see her troops failing or getting killed and triggered her anger or at least have her been on some sweet kill streak and get lost in her blood lust. I thought her sitting on the tower and hearing the bells and knowing she had finally reached her goal and then going crazy was a weird choice and made the "going mad" feeling a little more contrived than it really needed to be.

Wasn't really wild how the Iron Fleet and a city full of ballistas suddenly couldn't hit anything despite having impeccable aim last episode, that was super unconvincing. Was not pleased with Jaime's arc either and just seemed like all of his growth was for absolutely nothing. I can see why you could go that route but it just seemed odd to invest so much screen time into his growth just to chuck it out in a two episode span. Also that Euron fight scene was laughably bad and just unnecessary. 

That being said I thought this was probably the second best episode of the season (after episode two) and was visually stunning. 

Yeah they really should have shown her super upset

_23__Courtesy_of_HBO.0.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah this take is just incorrect lol they absolutely ruined his show arc

How? 

Because from the start of episode one through the entire show Jaime has stated repeatedly that the only thing he lives for is Cersi. There has been 0 variation from that. The closest you could make an argument for is that he went to fight the dead, but even then he ran home to her the first sight of trouble. 

At no point in the show did it ever seem like he would kill her. Obviously the books are different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is Arya alive? I took that as a death scene. Maybe not, GoT hasn't really done that except for Dany/Drogo in Season 2 because of the Warlock's magic, but it felt very weird that in a scenario that easily could have killed her she wakes up alone and then there is a horse and a straight line to these gates with a bright light coming out of it.

The horse was Bran

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I didn't take it as a death scene. I took it more as leaving or dark, death to everybody beliefs after seeing that destruction and going to a more light inner monologue. I could be wrong though. Although quite honestly if it was a death scene that would really piss me off. To all of sudden throw in this overwrought, trite, cliche drivel in general but especially to the best character would be unforgivable. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Presumably they have invest seven years into a show and want to see it's end when you've come that far. That's more or less where I'm at, if there was another season after this I would not continue to watch. 

This.  I've been reading the books since '08, then watching the show since '11, so I'd say I'm pretty invested at this point.  

I honestly don't even blame D&D though.  They never claimed to be great storytellers.  This is George's fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah they really should have shown her super upset

_23__Courtesy_of_HBO.0.jpg

Just seemed odd to have the moment of calm in the battle be the time where she goes off the deep end. She had accomplished her goal and had then throne and THEN she snaps? Wasn't really a big deal to me and didn't impact the episode, just thought it could have done a little better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How? 

Because from the start of episode one through the entire show Jaime has stated repeatedly that the only thing he lives for is Cersi. There has been 0 variation from that. The closest you could make an argument for is that he went to fight the dead, but even then he ran home to her the first sight of trouble. 

At no point in the show did it ever seem like he would kill her. Obviously the books are different. 

He ran home because she was winning....

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Just seemed odd to have the moment of calm in the battle be the time where she goes off the deep end. She had accomplished her goal and had then throne and THEN she snaps? Wasn't really a big deal to me and didn't impact the episode, just thought it could have done a little better. 

She wanted her vengeance, justice, fire and blood.