Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Yeah. Isn't that why Jon ordered everyone to fall back. He saw that the dragon fire was setting off wildfyre so they weren't safe anymore.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I thought it was because he was sick of all the killing of innocents and wanted it to end.  May have missed that though.

I actually thought by falling back, Jon thought it would basically put an end to the massacre.   The wildfyre was just the last straw of too much carnage.    The look he exchanged with Davos kinda said "enough" to me.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I feel like it's pretty easy to see how people are confused about Jaime's story line was. I mean he started off as a complete ******* and then had a four season redemption arc and then randomly undoes all of that work in a single episode more or less out of the blue. I really don't think it's hard to follow how that might not please some people.

It's a bit like the Bran story line, why invest seasons on story lines with no real point?

He didnt change. Every season he had some sort of test, and he always chose her. He was willing to kill babies and fling them over the walls for her. 

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

This guy sacrificed his honor for the rest of his life by killing the Mad King so he couldn't burn millions of people to death and they literally had him say "i've never cared for the innocents of Kings Landing" this episode 

Wut

It was also because, ya know, he lived there and would have died also. And, as is pointed out many times, he also did it because he was commanded to kill his dad. 

Its quite clear the townspeople were always a bottom tier concerns. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Read my edit. 

The entire plot line the last 2 episodes was about "should we stop Dany before she murders millions of people". It was never "Dany might lose". Even in the tent Jaime is grasping at straws that Cersi has a chance.

You can interpret it any way you want... but I think you are all alone in thinking J ran back because C was going to win.

Why on earth do you keep bringing up the tent? That was an entire episode after he left. People were concerned about what Dany could do if she was able to sack the city but it was never a sure thing that she would win that battle. 

It was obvious to us, the show watcher, that she would attack Kings Landing (and presumably have success) but the characters have no idea how it is going to turn out. Why would anyone assume that the Iron Fleet, a billion ballistas and soldiers would lose to one dragon despite the fact they almost just killed two an episode before? 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I feel like it's pretty easy to see how people are confused about Jaime's story line was. I mean he started off as a complete ******* and then had a four season redemption arc and then randomly undoes all of that work in a single episode more or less out of the blue. I really don't think it's hard to follow how that might not please some people.

It's a bit like the Bran story line, why invest seasons on story lines with no real point?

But thats my point, they clearly had a timeline in which they had to wrap this show. It would literally have taken 3-4 more seasons to fully complete everybodys storylines. Back when they would spend 2 full episodes just to have 1 thing happen with character development. You can tell they just didnt have the time to keep the entire cast on board for the amount of time it would have taken---plus it all would have to be made up with no roadmap from the books.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He didnt change. Every season he had some sort of test, and he always chose her. He was willing to kill babies and fling them over the walls for her. 

It was also because, ya know, he lived there and would have died also. And, as is pointed out many times, he also did it because he was commanded to kill his dad. 

Its quite clear the townspeople were always a bottom tier concerns. 

I think you should go back and watch the bath scene with Brienne again.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

But thats my point, they clearly had a timeline in which they had to wrap this show. It would literally have taken 3-4 more seasons to fully complete everybodys storylines. Back when they would spend 2 full episodes just to have 1 thing happen with character development. You can tell they just didnt have the time to keep the entire cast on board for the amount of time it would have taken---plus it all would have to be made up with no roadmap from the books.

You don't four season to make this a bit better. Have Jaime and Brienne hook up in episode and then have four episodes of his doubt/leaving/returning to Cersei. It's much more logical and easier to follow along instead of jumping from Brienne and redemption to self entitled sister lover in a single episode. I don't hate the end point, just how we got there. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I think you should go back and watch the bath scene with Brienne again.

He discusses the story many, many times. In almost all of them he brings up that the snapping point is when the mad king tells him to kill his dad.  

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

GRRM is part of the executive staff and is helping guide D&D how to write/produce the show. 

He's not hands on anymore. He used to write episodes and be on set all the time. He just gets an Executive Producer credit now.