Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Tyrion is the only one alive who can keep a promise to Bronn, so I expect him to make an appearance at some point.  

That whole Bronn story line is stupid to begin with. I hope they just ignore it at this point. Bronn has ran his course. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I do think we are all forgetting about Greyworm and the rest of the Unsullied.  If Dany goes down, I highly doubt that they're just going to accept whoever steps in for her.  I could see a Jon v Greyworm fight which could be epic.  

Also, Tyrion is the only one alive who can keep a promise to Bronn, so I expect him to make an appearance at some point.  

Correct - plus - does Grey Worm rat on Jon's....hesitancy to attack viciously at the beginning.....to you know who.. (read: Dany) and does that become a confrontation. 

Basically - I dont see how Dany can rule with Jon still alive.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do think we are all forgetting about Greyworm and the rest of the Unsullied.  If Dany goes down, I highly doubt that they're just going to accept whoever steps in for her.  I could see a Jon v Greyworm fight which could be epic.  

I mentioned this after I watched the episode last night. It hit me during the episode that it was the fight that I never knew I always wanted. I'm really hoping that comes to fruition. 

Just now, Leader said:

Correct - plus - does Grey Worm rat on Jon's....hesitancy to attack viciously at the beginning.....to you know who.. (read: Dany) and does that become a confrontation. 

Maybe I'll get my wish and they'll both bite the dust.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yes - but it was also was established that she'd lost Jon's true love for her. I dont need to buy into the whole "Mad Queen" concept other than to accept that she'd come to learn she'd lost the one's she'd loved and who loved her romantically and now needed to rule by fear.

Rule by fear is one thing, OK maybe they have her kill the entire surrendering Lannister army to show everyone she isn't messing around. She killed all of their people, their elders, mother's, babies, etc. You need to develop that level of madness in a character, especially of that's the opposite of the message her character has been written to give all show long. It was a Thanos finger snap and she was a completely unrecognizable character.

• Like 4

I’m not convinced that Dany is “‘mad”. Genocide was the correct move for her to assume power. Jon is a huge threat...to the extent that people are trying to kill her so that he can assume power. Certainly, it was an emotional move, but it was the only move that would help her achieve her goal. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rule by fear is one thing, OK maybe they have her kill the entire surrendering Lannister army to show everyone she isn't messing around. She killed all of their people, their elders, mother's, babies, etc. You need to develop that level of madness in a character, especially of that's the opposite of the message her character has been written to give all show long. It was a Thanos finger snap and she was a completely unrecognizable character.

It’s one thing to turn your back on leaving KL intact.  It’s quite another to go full Mad Queen and kill innocents by the scores - AFTER the battle was won.   That’s why the turn feels so forced IMO.  Turning dark I can see.  To go full on darkness to that degree that quickly was purely a shock value move and helps frame next week neatly in Black/White Hat.  

I totally get that criticism.  It’s aimed at creating such a Black Hat / White Hat conclusion than earning the transformation.  

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

That whole Bronn story line is stupid to begin with. I hope they just ignore it at this point. Bronn has ran his course. 

Bronn is my favorite character, so I hope they do him right.  

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh yeah, that will definitely get brought up.  

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mentioned this after I watched the episode last night. It hit me during the episode that it was the fight that I never knew I always wanted. I'm really hoping that comes to fruition. 

Arya offs Dany, Grey Worm goes banners, and it becomes the Unsullied v the Northmen with a final battle between Jon and Greyworm.  That could be fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Could be.

Although its portrayed brutally - its a subtle story line point.
Dany *could* be viewed as being on the cusp of a long quest thats taken a lot of personal fortitude, sacrifice, heartache (and yes) brutality to achieve - only - to simultaneously be on the cusp of losing it all.....and she sees (or believes) the onlyh option left to her is to "rule by fear".

Again - I'm not chasing down the "madness" mindset angles. Too difficult to actually portray IMO.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty much. The reason GOT used to be so great is the unexpected would happen but looking back made perfect sense that things would occur the way they did. Ned Stark was always Ned Stark and made a believable mistake that ended in his death. Robb Stark was true to his character and just made a fatal mistake that ended in his death. The Boltons, Cersie, Baratheon brothers were all true to their characters and made believable mistakes that ended up killing them. 

It seems like the writers lost touch of why the shocking moments in GOT were so shocking yet believable. Instead of molding the deaths of characters around logical mistakes there characters may be prone to making they are molding the characters to the deaths they want and it doesn't make any sense. 

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question - is Tyrion going to be in Dany's gun sights in the last episode - for "failing her" again - and releasing Jaime?
Will that be part of the story line?

He has to be, there's no way he's going along with Dany as ruler at this point

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The suddenness sucked. There were always hints and moments that showed she had it in her to go mad, but the shortened seasons just rushed her turn that it essentially ruined the very interesting, slow burn development that was set up.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be.

Although its portrayed brutally - its a subtle story line point.
Dany *could* be viewed as being on the cusp of a long quest thats taken a lot of personal fortitude, sacrifice, heartache (and yes) brutality to achieve - only - to simultaneously be on the cusp of losing it all.....and she sees (or believes) the onlyh option left to her is to "rule by fear".

Again - I'm not chasing down the "madness" mindset angles. Too difficult to actually portray IMO.

It's difficult to portray because it takes time and development. Something the first 6 seasons of the show had. They get to the biggest plot twist of the entire show and they force it on it in seconds. Game of Thrones did it to itself by setting the bar so high, but to me this ending is a total flop of what it could have been.