Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

Really like the trailer, but similar to my reservations about Kilmonger's dialogue in the Black Panther trailer, I get the same kind of feeling here with Brie Larson. She looks the part, but the few pieces of dialogue they included here give me pause. However, I'll reserve judgement on that until I watch the actual film.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Really like the trailer, but similar to my reservations about Kilmonger's dialogue in the Black Panther trailer, I get the same kind of feeling here with Brie Larson. She looks the part, but the few pieces of dialogue they included here give me pause. However, I'll reserve judgement on that until I watch the actual film.

Yeah, her dialogue wasn't' great int he trailer. But I'm not too worried about it. Kilmonger ended up being a great villain and I think that she will be good as well.

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Not a fan of theatre popcorn?

I only go see movies in the theater if they are movies I cant wait to see....and even those movies I sometimes dont see until they hit home video.

I dont really like Brie Larson and I know very little about Captain Marvel.    I can wait until it hits home video.

I mean I was already in on this movie, Captain marvel is an awesome character.

But as far as the trailer goes, didnt really do much for me. Didnt hook me with anything, especially if I was a casual fan.

The pager nod is obviously intriguing, and seeing her Mohawk is awesome, but thats about it

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont really like Brie Larson and I know very little about Captain Marvel

This is how I feel about it. On it's own, I would wait until its digital release. But the fact that she, and probably this movie, will have such a big impact on IW2 it is driving me to see this. It's brilliant to have this come out the month before IW2 because if you want to watch them in order, you can't skip it.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

This is how I feel about it. On it's own, I would wait until its digital release. But the fact that she, and probably this movie, will have such a big impact on IW2 it is driving me to see this. It's brilliant to have this come out the month before IW2 because if you want to watch them in order, you can't skip it.

You can just wiki Captain Marvels plot the saturday after it comes out like I do

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I only go see movies in the theater if they are movies I cant wait to see....and even those movies I sometimes dont see until they hit home video.

I dont really like Brie Larson and I know very little about Captain Marvel.    I can wait until it hits home video.

Are you going to the Avengers in May? Since she was in ther crdits spoiler, I'm going to see it in theaters, as it won't hit video before that movie is out too.  Otherwise, I'm with you, and would wait.

23 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Exactly my thoughts.  I don't really want to see it in theaters, but i pretty much have to if i want to see IW2 in theaters.

The good/nice thing about it is you can probably wait until April, see CM in an empty-ish theater and not have a lot of time left until IW2.

I'm with a few others, in that nothing in that trailer really makes me excited for it. Was never overly fond of the character in the first place, either. But...Infinity War implications, so I'll see it. I feel like this movie is going to have far more of a box office draw than it really should for that reason. And Marvel/Disney probably know that.

Archived