Top 10 General Managers

stl4life07

That would be Thomas Dimitroff not kevin my friend :)

Dave Caldwell

• Atlanta Falcons (2012)
    Director of player personn

Jacksonville Jaguars (2013–present)
  • General manager

Les Snead

Atlanta Falcons (2009–2011)
    (Director of player personnel)

St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams (2012–present)
    (General manager)

Dimitroff is building him a nice little group of GM's that were directly under him when they got their GM positions lol. 

55 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

That would be Thomas Dimitroff not kevin my friend :)

Dave Caldwell

• Atlanta Falcons (2012)
    Director of player personn

Jacksonville Jaguars (2013–present)
  • General manager

Les Snead

Atlanta Falcons (2009–2011)
    (Director of player personnel)

St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams (2012–present)
    (General manager)

Dimitroff is building him a nice little group of GM's that were directly under him when they got their GM positions lol. 

Was Bill Davaney part of that too or nah? 

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

BB  as General Manager has built 5 Super Bowl championship teams and 3 other AFC champions. He’s number one until he retires. Having guys who have never built title teams over him is laughable. 

That's because BB has GM benefits a lot from having BB as head coach.

1)Belichick

2) Colbert
3) Newsome (For now)
4) Schneider
5) Elway
6) Andy Ried (I don't care about an official GM title. I get the feeling that it's been Ried, not Dorsey, who has been the one true key piece in making the Chiefs a perennial playoff team with not a single season .500 or below. He gets players who fit his scheme, motivates and gets the most out of them.)
7) Dimitroff

8) Speilman 
9) Rest - Consistency matter to me so I'm not getting caught up on recency bias. GM's like Snead and Roseman still have to prove themselves, IMO.

Loomis is one of the most respected GM's in the league but I can't put a GM on the list who not only has ignored the defense for so long but I also get he same feeling about him/Payton as I do Ried/Dorsey. I just feel like Payton has had more of influence within the organization than Loomis has.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Was Bill Davaney part of that too or nah? 

Atlanta Falcons (2006)
Senior personnel executive

Atlanta Falcons (2007)
Assistant general manager

St. Louis Rams (2008)
Executive vice president of player personnel

St. Louis Rams (2008–2011)
General manager

He was with us but he was actually one of the people not kept to hire dimitroff instead as our future GM in 2008.

Kevin Colbert, Steelers
Rick Spielman, Vikings
Dave Gettleman, Giants
Howie Roseman, Eagles
Thomas Dimitroff/Scott Pioli, Falcons
Bill Belichick, Patriots
Steve Keim, Cardinals
Les Snead, Rams
Ryan Pace, Bears
Dave Caldwell, Jaguars

Maybe something like that.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:37 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

1)Belichick

2) Colbert
3) Newsome (For now)
4) Schneider
5) Elway
6) Andy Ried (I don't care about an official GM title. I get the feeling that it's been Ried, not Dorsey, who has been the one true key piece in making the Chiefs a perennial playoff team with not a single season .500 or below. He gets players who fit his scheme, motivates and gets the most out of them.)
7) Dimitroff

8) Speilman 
9) Rest - Consistency matter to me so I'm not getting caught up on recency bias. GM's like Snead and Roseman still have to prove themselves, IMO.

Loomis is one of the most respected GM's in the league but I can't put a GM on the list who not only has ignored the defense for so long but I also get he same feeling about him/Payton as I do Ried/Dorsey. I just feel like Payton has had more of influence within the organization than Loomis has.

Lol I just had to say something about this statement because its so comically egregious.

Snead I suppose has to "prove" himself by winning a SB, but hes done as good a job with that Rams team the last few years as anyone in the league sans Roseman (Howie gets the nod simply because of last year, but I think Snead will get his ring this time). 

So youd prefer Reid, who isnt even actually a GM like Belichick and never has been? Who has never won a SB? Okay. Flawed logic there.

Roseman essentially had a great roster in place when Chip Kelly came in. And then Chip, via what we can only assume was blackmailing of Lurie our owner, banished Roseman (literally he moved his office to an entirely different building in the way back of the complex), and proceeded to take that roster and gut it entirely by getting rid of DeSean, Maclin, Shady McCoy, etc and replacing them with Sam Bradford, DeMarco Murray, Kiko Alonso, Ryan Mathews......And when that failed miserably and Howie was rightfully given back his throne, he immediately purged the roster of any Chip Kelly player via savvy trades/maneuvering. He used those guys to trade for what amounted to being the pick that got us Wentz and then was smart enough to go out pluck Nick Foles out of whatever gutter he was preaching out of.

TWO YEARS removed from having an almost entirely different roster than the one we do now....we won a Super Bowl. With our starting QB, LT, and MLB all out for the season lol. People rightfully say Pederson had one of the greatest ever seasons from a head coach weve ever seen, but often fail to bring up that Roseman pulled off one of the greatest roster builds ever and did it in just 2 years. 

So Im not sure what Roseman has to do to "prove" himself to be better than guys like Elway or Schneider even. Schneider WAS one of the best GMs but he ruined that when he just went full on idiot mode the last couple years by turning Seattle into arguably the least talented 53 man roster in the league minus QB. And Elway is laughably overrated. He won a SB because he was able to just max out the cap completely and sign a ton of veteran FAs...A strategy that is fine if you want one SB followed by years of mediocrity and failed 1st round QBs like Paxton Lynch. 

And how are Snead and Roseman "unproven" while Spielman and Dimitroff aren't? Literally one guy has a ring in that group and it isnt the latter two names. (And Snead, IMO, is going to be the next one to get a ring).

Im sorry but Howie Roseman and Les Snead are simply just running circles around the rest of the league/GMs. They are two of the best there are in the business. Not arguably. Pretty much as close to being a fact as it can be.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, CP3MVP said:

BB  as General Manager has built 5 Super Bowl championship teams and 3 other AFC champions. He’s number one until he retires. Having guys who have never built title teams over him is laughable. 

Agreed!

On 9/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, Bobikus said:

That's because BB has GM benefits a lot from having BB as head coach.

BB the HC doesn't keep us out of cap hell or get productive players on efficient deals. He has his weaknesses at GM, but BB the GM is a big reason we've been in SB contention since 2001.

And having Colbert over BB is a joke.

Archived